·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sweet - are there LEDs above the HALO?

Probably a stupid question, is this in lieu of putting in HID lights or would someone want to add HID lights as well?

Michael

·
Registered
171 Posts
Michael- The HID kits are just a different bulb setup, so I believe you could also add that to these headlight assemblies. That would be a wicked light set up, but you would be in at about $500 with the HID kit, and headlight assembly.

I would go with one or the other and spend the other $$$ on another mod.

Nice find Joey. I've been waiting for something like this :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks, that helps a ton. I think I'd likely want to do both, because I hate the factory bulb lights. The visibility is terrible compared to my other cars. Although, I think that I would do this and then add HID if it's still terrible. Just love the look of these.

Michael

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Yeah I found those the other day. I didn't say anything cause I was gonna wait till I had them mounted on my xB hehe. I was going to make my own custom headlights, but now that these are out this is what I am going to run. Especially now that the high beams are in a round lense like I wanted. they halo and LED are just extra but I can make them work for me.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I dunno guys... I think they look a little on the cheap side.

I've heard of people purchasing these for 4Runners and what not and the LED's quit and they get condensation inside...
I guess someone has to be the guinea pig! :D

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if it makes any one feel better they are backed by BBB (better business bureau)... and BIZRATE customer certified!

i shot them an e-mail reguarding lense fogging and lights shorting out, so i'll let you all know when i hear back. they also have a some different options available on there site http://www.k2motor.com/, such as HID upgrades, and i THINK different color LED's (blue or clear). I asked about that in the e-mail aswell...

so when i know, you'll know...

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've had aftermarket halos on other cars and was less than impressed.

Can't wait to see real life pictures.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jrl91789 said:
They're nice but definitely not up to OEM standards...
i agree but unless we all get together, buy a ticket for japan, and tell the president of toyota that they should start making these with a TRD stamp on them, we are limited on options.

but consider if you will, the fact that the new body style of xB is only into its 2nd production year. so it still might be a bit for aftermarket companies to really start competing for our dollars...once this starts happening...better quality...and better prices! SO RISE UP AND DEMAND QUALITY PARTS FOR RESONABLE PRICES! FIGHT THE POWER!!!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
please tell us your story...

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sorry didn't see the previous post... my bad! i hope you get your money back!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.