Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both my rear spoiler and all my led's for my brake/turn signals/reverse light arrived :D :D :D

Damn shame I had to work late and have to go in early tomorrow :yucky:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You got it...

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

I also changed out the turn signal relay to an LED friendly model and yes, the plate bulbs were changed out to LED as well

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and to head of the inevitable where did I get and what kind... here it is

Quantity: 1
Product: LED bulb Flasher Units $ 12.95 (each)
Options: CF18-08

Quantity: 2
Product: 7443-15 LED bulb $ 6.99 (each)
Options: Red

Product: 7440-15 LED bulb $ 6.99 (each)
Options: Red

Quantity: 1
Product: 7440-15 LED bulb $ 6.99 (each)
Options: White 2.00

Product: 1157-A24 Amber LED bulb $ 7.29 (each)
Options: Wide

Product: WLED 6-LED bulb $ 2.79 (each)
Options: Cool White 0.95

Obtained it all from superbrightleds.com

As for the how to? Consult your Owners manual :yes:

·
Registered
22 Posts
lvbitwiz said:
and to head of the inevitable where did I get and what kind... here it is
Thanks for the pix and parts list, lvbitwiz. I was wondering if you needed to install any resistors to keep the bulb out indicators from acting up? Also, was there any reason why you didn't get the high output LED for the backup light?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No resistors needed with the flasher unit. As I had said, the pics dont do it justice, that reverse light lit up my driveway, the camera autoexposed :confused:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's a couple of pics that I took while I installed it just to give you an idea of what you're getting into if you DIY it. Keep in mind I followed the instructions provided **to the letter** , measured several times over and made plenty of tweaks to the templates until they were spot on. Measure twice cut one? nope, measure 500 times, centerpunch correctly and drill :eek: Oh yeah, and drill stops are a must if you dont want to risk damaging anything

setting the templates

after centerpunch

ready to drill :eek:

and 'dry' fit after drilling

The instructions http://www.trdsparks.com/install/PT921-52081-XXinst.pdf were very easy to follow and the templates werent plain ol paper, more like a printed mylar precut sheet. Most difficult part of the install was getting the templates set right, after that it's pretty much bolt/stick on

·
Registered
160 Posts
Where the hell do you install the flash unit? I assume it's in the fuse panel but which one is it? Somebody please help, I hate the hyper blink.

·
Registered
613 Posts
all the pics are gone... :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts