Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some wrapping done from the guys at provinyl in matte black apart from the piece on the rear bar which is carbon black ( its more durable for that spot in particular )

pieces i got wrapped -

Roof
Bonnet
Fuel cap
Side mirrors
Shark Fin antenna which i installed today
Upper rear bar ( carbon wrap )

And i got the rear tail lights blacked out with this film they also do..
here are some pics from provinyl just after the job was completed, and the last one was a quick snapshot from a top view with the fin installed.. that's the look im going for at the moment, atleast until i get bored lol.. Although i still have to put the eyelids back on, springs, etc etc

Hope you guys like my style, enjoy! - Jim :flex:

· Premium Member
271 Posts
looks the goods Jim... you must be rapt with the results...

· Registered
266 Posts
Saaaweeeet!! I love it, Mad props!!

· Registered
152 Posts
I like it! I especially like the chrome lift gate piece.... Where can I get that (If it's just a stick on piece of chrome plastic, I'll do without....)..... I'm considering some similar stuff, but not quite as much. I also like the white lower grille. I want to do fog lights, but for my concept, they won't work like those.... What exactly, are you refering to with the CF upper rear bar? I don't see that upgrade???? Your Box Looks great!

· Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments guys.. and thanks zinger for the clarification.. that's what i meant ( wasn't sure on the proper term ).. the rear bumper sill is black cf vinyl as apposed to everything else i got done in matte black, only because its thicker and much more durable.. that sill always gets bumped / dirty etc, + it gives it a different look

· Premium Member
271 Posts
I like it! I especially like the chrome lift gate piece.... Where can I get that (If it's just a stick on piece of chrome plastic, I'll do without....)

that chrome piece is an AUDM standard piece... its not just a slip on or stick on piece it bolts up... however the USDM and AUDM pieces are a different size... i ordered a USDM piece and it does not line up with the holes on the backside of the AUDM RUKUS.....

unless you wanna drill holes into your tailgate not worth it.... just get it dipped

Chris

· Registered
152 Posts
Dammit! Everytime I find something I like, it turns ou to be nearly impossible to get or make work.... I want Chrome Mirror Covers (No Stick-on crap).... and I really like the Chrome Piece on the back gate there..... Another one of those "Won't fit without modifications" things.... I like simple. But I suppose my concept vehicle is gonna need some actual custom stuff anyway... how much would one of them Aussie Chrome bits run new? I can do the mods.... Will the rest of the bits that are on my US model fit the AUDM piece?

· Premium Member
271 Posts
as far as I know he only difference for the rukus - xb besides left to right hand drive is...

rukus
factory leather
climate control
60/40 rears with fold down arm rest and cup holders
chrome tailgate
factory 9 speaker inc sub
no t/c button (need to enter service mode to turn T/C off)
different tails

· Registered
18 Posts
as far as I know he only difference for the rukus - xb besides left to right hand drive is...

rukus
factory leather
climate control
60/40 rears with fold down arm rest and cup holders
chrome tailgate
factory 9 speaker inc sub
no t/c button (need to enter service mode to turn T/C off)
different tails
Don't forget variable speed wipers, front AND rear :)

· Premium Member
271 Posts

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
The flow is NICE! The black and white looks good together.
When it heats up down there, I'd love to know how hot the black gets . . .

· Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well done. Makes it very unique!
Thanks bro, that's the aim.

Sorry, forgot to say.....

Flex, that looks Hot, nice work :)
Thanks man

The flow is NICE! The black and white looks good together.
When it heats up down there, I'd love to know how hot the black gets . . .
cheers bro, if your referring to the vinyl being exposed to the sun i spoke to the guy and he said there wont be any discoloration for atleast 5 years, he used the 3m matt black vinyl on mine, they work with a few different distributors

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
My present offset stripe is satin black vinyl. It's hotter to the touch than the silver, and heats up much quicker in the sun.
I was mostly thinking of summer heat. In says of yore (well, in the ones before standard a/c), trucks would have white or silver roofs to reduce interior temps. The American-based "Railway Express Agency" (the forerunner of mass package delivery by a private firm, much like UPS and FedEx today) used dark green trucks with bright red trim. Yet, they painted the roofs silver (and pioneered light, translucent fiberglass) to reduce internal heat.

I wonder by how much the black roof would make the interior hotter in summer and if it is even noticeable.

Still, looks good.

· Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My present offset stripe is satin black vinyl. It's hotter to the touch than the silver, and heats up much quicker in the sun.
I was mostly thinking of summer heat. In says of yore (well, in the ones before standard a/c), trucks would have white or silver roofs to reduce interior temps. The American-based "Railway Express Agency" (the forerunner of mass package delivery by a private firm, much like UPS and FedEx today) used dark green trucks with bright red trim. Yet, they painted the roofs silver (and pioneered light, translucent fiberglass) to reduce internal heat.

I wonder by how much the black roof would make the interior hotter in summer and if it is even noticeable.

Still, looks good.
i actually have not noticed a difference and we have had some hot days down my way, makes sense though

· Registered
979 Posts
Our school buses have white roofs instead of yellow like the rest of the bus. They say it can reduce temps inside by 10 - 17 degrees F on hot days.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.