Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
I'd like to know more about how your engine just exploded. Was it a pressure issue or was the drain plug just not in properly?

I could also take this opportunity to express my overwhelming disdain for Ohio and try and talk some sense into you and say Texas is better but I feel like your probably past the point of no return especially after your previous stories.

Also, must get pics posted of the new engine :D

· Registered
164 Posts
I once had a similar issue with the actual oil filter. When I removed the old filter the old rubber ring didn't come with it. When I put the new one on the rubber on rubber didn't seal and I filled a good chunk of driveway with fresh oil as soon as the motor started up. Took me a few seconds to figure out what was happening because I knew everything was on tight, but once I removed it I realized it. Since then I have always double checked the little rubber bits even though I doubt it will ever happen again. Paying close attention to your gauges helps in situations like this, once that oil light comes on it's time to kill it and figure out why asap. I rate it probably the highest warning light on the dash since I ignored it once and threw a rod.

For some reason the only cars I have ever had any actual issues out of were GM and Chrysler and I didn't want either of them, it may help if their engine bay layouts didn't suck and you could actually reach things... and their quality was decent.

· Registered
164 Posts
Isk-I would have to defend Chevy's built up to the 80's, they were so easy to work on and built extremely well. Other than that you're right about them sucking now.
I have a friend that will defend domestics to his death, I will grant that they used to be built so people could actually work on them (lights in the engine bay were nice). Now you have to tear down half the engine bay to get to anything. As for quality all I know is how often we have to pop any of his domestic hoods vs. any of my Jap cars. To be fair though we have had to crack into his scion a couple times for some minor tweaks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.