Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
I owe
I owe

So, off to work I go.

(That is what I have done the 4 months since I got my xB.)

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Oh, and wouldn't that be
Bobby Beaucheah, Beauchea, or something like that?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
More seriously . . .

I lot depends on you personal taste and preferences.
Some want to make a big "splash" first thing.
Some want to resolve some mechanical, cosmetic, or "interaction" element.

If you don't know, I'd keep it cheap and easily replaced til you have a pretty good idea.

I want to keep mine more subtle, with touches of "character" with an overall "stock" look.
----- Basically a performance "steeper." I am very interested in improving the handing/cornering, as I do plan to drive on mountain twisties regularly and quickly. I'm not certain if I want to invest in a blower, as it has enough power already to get out of its own way and to pass whatever I need to in normal driving. Plus, I like the power band to be consistent and predictable, so I know what it will do as I feather the throttle when cornering. I don't want surprises.
Personally, this is how I have/plan to "mess" with mine.
Interior interaction elements (what I deal with daily when driving):
-- Put in a round shift knob (I hate the way the original one feels on my hand).
-- Add the interior storage stuff, notably the overhead console/bin and c-pillar nets, plus the cargo net (b/c it was cheap on top of the others from Carson.
-- Minor interior cosmetic stuff, as it comes up

Minor exterior stuff:
-- Fun exterior stickers (minor stuff on rear window)
--"Beautify" the steelies, until I get the rims I want. (Other priorities, like kids and family)
-- Replace the stock grill with slat grill painted satin black (don't like the stock one's hole pattern)
--Removable magnetic stuff
-- Large Scottish flag on roof (still need to do, just need to get it measured, cut, and applied)

To do-
Suspension:
-- Hotchkis sway bar set
-- Springs (Hotchkis or TRD)
-- Eventually, upgrade springs, probably when need to replace anyways.

Rims:
-- Rota Slipstream 16x7 in flat black (14 pounds)

Interior and Exterior-> more major stuff, as desire
(Have some general ideas, but nothing certain)

If you follow that route, take your time, unleash your $$ slowly and deliberately.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I didn't know you were from TEXAS Bobby...GO COWBOYS!!! :D

·
Registered
613 Posts
BobbyBooshay said:
oh, and yea joey - TEXAS BABY! cowboys beat that *** last night
i love the COWBOYS...have been a fan for years...but that's for another thread...lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.