Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my first i-pod. Never wanted one until I got the xB. I asked for it for my birthday. Instead I got money towards and i-pod which is just as good. I opted for the 8gig. I figured I might as well fork over the extra $50 and double my memory, plus I really wanted the black one. Now I just gotta figure out how to use this new fangled thing. I do like that the screen says scion when you plug it in. Thats pretty damn cool.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Haha! I've had an iPod since the day they came out! I don't know how I lived before I had an iPhone!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Always resisted Apple products. I'm in IT though, I like being able to service my own hardware and peek under the software. I also like "upgradeability" in a standard MP3 player. Ever take a look at the Sansa players? Me: I love my XM Inno. :D
They are nice looking devices though, and good tactile feel, have to give Apple that. The corner they have on the aftermarket support is nothing to sneeze at either. Good luck with yours!

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
eviljack said:
So I got my first i-pod.
My condolences.

I hope you have at least a few trouble-free years with it, but judging from the questions posted on Yahoo Answers, that seems unlikely. Although most of those questions seem to involve user confusion....

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've had one since they first came out, almost all of my cars Ive added the connector either through a simple tape player connector or plug in computer connectors. I've tried all the different models, currently have a 8gb gen1 nano in the xB, a 30gb video in the G35, and Im thinking of picking of the Gen2 video nano soon. I do notice the newer ones require reset every now and then but overall they have all held up pretty well.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am enjoying mine quite well. I love how I can update my play list, plug it in and changes to the play list i have set up.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I won my 60 gig video i-pod in the maine state lottery promotion. I must admit that I probably never would have bought one but since I have had it I use it every day and I love it. I have tried other brands that my friends have and I don't think the sound quality is as good as my pod but that is probably cuz I have owner bias like the way that I think scions are better than most any other car probably all, but I have not got to drive a jag or lambo yet :rofl: Hey jack I think the Ipod was a great purchase and it gives you the flexibility. I have satellite because fm radio has so many commercials. sometimes i lose that sat signal, like under the awning at the atm etc, etc. I just turn on the pod or play the cd it,s great having all the options. The xb is a pod to me anyways it's a "my-pod" :rofl: I have really set up my xb to be a cool pod, so enjoy evil jack and do it with tunes.
BTW what was your first tune you played??????
I am dying to know... you waited so long that the first tune must have had a lot of significance. MY first gen2 song was either "powerman 5000'when worlds collide" or Nonpooint'bullit w/ a name on it" i can't remember now.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah enjoying the i-pod. I still like xm, but for those times when I wanna hear my favorite tunes and they just aren't being played on xm the pod is it. Plus I sometimes like to hear the same song over and over. First song kinda backfired. I wanted Thunderhorse. Probably my all time favorite heavy metal song, but the cd I had got stolen and finding one at the store is very difficult. Although I can now download the enitre album from apple. So then I thought I would play the sound track from Road to El Dorado. I figure city of gold, car of gold. Yeah the cd is out of print and hard as heck to find. So then I figured Ladies and Gentlemen from Saliva. So I grap that cd case and the one for Rob Zombie. Get in my xB, open the saliva case and the cd is not there. So it ended up being Dragula by Rob Zombie. Not what I would have chosen but what ya gonna do. I do have to say that For Whom the Bell Tolls sounds freakin awsome on the Feel setting in the xB.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Good first song choice Jack. I'm just now getting to listent to my Ozzy cds. I've been through Scorps, Tesla and Johnny Cash (my 8 yr old's fave!lol!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts