Scion XB Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Recently had to disconnect my HU and lost most of my settings :(!

Went through them tonight with appropriate sources and found my best settings for the Bazooka were 120Hz sub roll-off and 100Hz highs roll-on at the door drivers with sub-phase inverted. Obviously, the detail depends on HU flexibility, but I continue to feel the Bazooka is a capable and cost friendly add-on :)!

·
Registered
65 Posts
yeah it is, but i know its good, will last long and wont take up any storage in the back =)

I think you saw it at the last show we were at together.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Does anyone have a bazooka sub for sale?

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Trevor, what kind of wiring mods did you do? I have a Pioneer Avic D3 and using the factory harness. Any changes I make to the subwoofer settings don't carry over to the Bazooka because the HU doesnt detect a sub. Is that correct?

I assume you had to convert something to the RCA plugs?

sorry erozcs, i just sold my slightly banged up one a few months ago.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Craig, what amp are you using on the JL? I've been seriously considering the JL to keep the storage area fairly clean. I'm considering the JL HD900/5 amp to drive the sub and the rest of the drivers. Comments?

Gordon

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Trevor, what kind of wiring mods did you do? I have a Pioneer Avic D3 and using the factory harness. Any changes I make to the subwoofer settings don't carry over to the Bazooka because the HU doesnt detect a sub. Is that correct?
Oops! Of course, you're right -- I was forgetting that slight detail :clown:.

I assume you had to convert something to the RCA plugs?
I converted the speaker C1 "T" connector wires to RCA at the HU and relocated their pin receptacles at the Bazooka harness plug. FWIW -- I also used heavier wiring for the Bazooka ground and hot (hot relocated to the interior relay panel), plus I moved the remote power-on connector to my aftermarket HU harness (which allowed me to remove the "T"-connector). However, according to Bazooka, using heavier wire will make little to no difference, just seemed like a good idea to me :p!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Recently had to disconnect my HU and lost most of my settings :(!

Went through them tonight with appropriate sources and found my best settings for the Bazooka were 120Hz sub roll-off and 100Hz highs roll-on at the door drivers with sub-phase inverted. Obviously, the detail depends on HU flexibility, but I continue to feel the Bazooka is a capable and cost friendly add-on :)!
Oops -- just remembered the sub roll-off is officially 85Hz, and so my door speaker roll-on of 100Hz should be too high and my original 80Hz should be correct, but will have to verify by listening!

I converted the speaker C1 "T" connector wires to RCA at the HU and relocated their pin receptacles at the Bazooka harness plug. FWIW -- I also used heavier wiring for the Bazooka ground and hot (hot relocated to the interior relay panel), plus I moved the remote power-on connector to my aftermarket HU harness (which allowed me to remove the "T"-connector). However, according to Bazooka, using heavier wire will make little to no difference, just seemed like a good idea to me :p!
Here's the post where I describe my mods earlier in the thread.
http://www.newscionxb.com/131-audio-electronics/8844-just-installed-bazooka-xb2-subwoofer-2.html#post83512

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Oops -- just remembered the sub roll-off is officially 85Hz, and so my door speaker roll-on of 100Hz should be too high and my original 80Hz should be correct, but will have to verify by listening!
Sho-nuf, should be 80Hz corner for the door speakers!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Will this fit in the '10? I just bought an RS 7.0 would like to find one if it does.
Yes it will unless you have the cargo cover. Good luck finding a Bazooka though. eBay sometimes has them. Or make your own subwoofer enclosure, as some of us have done.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts