Scion XB Forum banner

Just installed a Bazooka xB2 subwoofer :)!

41K views 52 replies 16 participants last post by  BrickPig 
#1 · (Edited)
As I said, I just installed a Bazooka VSE-SCI-145L-07 subwoofer that's designed specifically for our cars. It form fits deep into the right rear corner with an aprox .5 cu-ft bass reflex cabinet with an internal 50/50W dual channel amp and dual VC 8" driver. Frequency response is 35 to 85Hz.

As is usual for me, I made some wiring mods :p, but it worked pretty darned good as is and includes a completely factory compatible wiring harness. The harness uses the front door speaker outputs from the head unit to detect the bass.

I find it provides easily more than enough bass to meld cleanly with my door speakers at normal listening levels. (However, if your intent is to attract the attention of passersby or vibrate the fasteners out of your car, look elsewhere.)

See less See more
#46 ·
Does anyone have a bazooka sub for sale?

#47 ·
Trevor, what kind of wiring mods did you do? I have a Pioneer Avic D3 and using the factory harness. Any changes I make to the subwoofer settings don't carry over to the Bazooka because the HU doesnt detect a sub. Is that correct?

I assume you had to convert something to the RCA plugs?

sorry erozcs, i just sold my slightly banged up one a few months ago.

#49 ·
Trevor, what kind of wiring mods did you do? I have a Pioneer Avic D3 and using the factory harness. Any changes I make to the subwoofer settings don't carry over to the Bazooka because the HU doesnt detect a sub. Is that correct?
Oops! Of course, you're right -- I was forgetting that slight detail :clown:.

I assume you had to convert something to the RCA plugs?
I converted the speaker C1 "T" connector wires to RCA at the HU and relocated their pin receptacles at the Bazooka harness plug. FWIW -- I also used heavier wiring for the Bazooka ground and hot (hot relocated to the interior relay panel), plus I moved the remote power-on connector to my aftermarket HU harness (which allowed me to remove the "T"-connector). However, according to Bazooka, using heavier wire will make little to no difference, just seemed like a good idea to me :p!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.