Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a question about the rear of the hood vibrates at idle any suggestions on how to stop that? Love this car

·
Registered
967 Posts
Just a question about the rear of the hood vibrates at idle any suggestions on how to stop that? Love this car
Are you sure it's the hood or is the sound from the dash area? If it's a back corner of the hood I would suspect loose bolts on the hinge. If those are all tight, I can't see how the back of the hood would be able to vibrate. There is a known issue of the plastic cowl under the hood at the base of the windshield vibrating. Toyota fixed mine when it was relatively new. I think there is a TSB for it. They basically pulled the plastic cowl off and attached some adhesive foam to the bottom. You could use some thin weatherstripping.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure it's the hood or is the sound from the dash area? If it's a back corner of the hood I would suspect loose bolts on the hinge. If those are all tight, I can't see how the back of the hood would be able to vibrate. There is a known issue of the plastic cowl under the hood at the base of the windshield vibrating. Toyota fixed mine when it was relatively new. I think there is a TSB for it. They basically pulled the plastic cowl off and attached some adhesive foam to the bottom. You could use some thin weatherstripping.
Thanks Zinger for the reply, When I look thru the windshield you can see the back of the hood vibrating. I will try the weather strip on the plastic as that is what supports the back of the hood.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts