Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there got these? I am thinking of getting a set. I will have them installed professionally since I watched the guys on Speed channel do a set on a Ford F150 and these are labor intensive. Have to remove cloth down to foam, and there are "hog clips" to contend with. Not cheap I know, like 2-3 times Clazzios but supposedly best leather out there. If you have them did you get the gel seat insert? What about the heated seat option? Really appreciate any feedback.
Chief

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually did get the Katzkins. I went to a local shop that does all the installs for area local dealers. I ordered dark charcoal and grey two tone with grey stitching. Also got electric lumbar for the driver seat and electric heater. Saved a bunch going to the installer direct--cost me $1450 complete as opposed to dealer(s) wanting $2000 plus. Can you believe it? The dealer does nothing but make a phone call--they don't even deliver the car, the installer picks it up and returns it. I took the car in a 8am and walked over to a local mall, had breakfast, walked around, saw a movie, a little lunch, and they called me about 230 to say it was done. The dealer(s) said 2 to 3 days. Dealers is plural because I checked with more than one--that's why 2000 plus, more than one estimate. I really like the seats and they add a lot to the look of the car. One thing I found out looking at different brands are some are slip over covers--these require removal of factory cloth, a good reason not to do yourself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.