Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
I have the same problem, buying my XB used with only one key. The blanks without a remote are a common key and you could find them at almost any hareware store 10-15$ and will work just fine as lock out key and start the car no problem. As for the blank keys with remotes, I have seen them on ebay for 40 to 80 $ , but they all state you will have to go to dealership to have them programed, not sure what a dealership would charge if you brought your own blank though. I pray to god I don't lose the one key have. As for the dealership that wants 400.00 don't go there for anything else, they sound like a big time rip off (wihich a good number of Toyota dealships seem to be). I would hope someone out there would know the trick to programming the remote keys and share it here.

· Registered
58 Posts
Sweet link. Thanks
I also noticed a ebay listing where the seller state. "Free coding instructions are provided upon request for this remote". So one would only have to pay to have the key cut 1 to 3 $ and program themselves which is awsome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.