Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
This may be a rookie question...but what exactly is the Killerglass and does it do anything for the scion other than visually? I agree they look awesome but do they do anything for the cars performance?

And whats w/ dye? you have to add something else to make it look great?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
As it is basically a Pyrex tube shaped to replace the stock rubber tubing in the cooling system, I'd be surprised if there were performance changes.
I'd say it is just for looks:
The coolant flows through a clear tube, so you can see it.
The LEDs let there be neat lighting and make the flowing coolant look even more interesting.

The dye is there to change/mess w/ the color of the coolant.

As for "worth it" . . . that is up to each.
At first, I thought it was pretty stupid to be honest. But, having seen a number in action, they look MUCH better than U would have thought and may (one day and w/ a heck-of-a-deal) get one myself.

Oh, and here is the Killerglass site:
http://www.killerglass.com/

One potential "performance advantage" . . . being able to visually see your coolant, in action, to check on issues w/ the cooling system . . .

·
Registered
57 Posts
looks great, how much for both?

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
Kamille, the plug should be repairable, you don't need a new radiator. I would recommend bringing it to a different place to at least get a second opinion.

MiniFridge, You can get killerglass from killerglass.com, they're an awesome company run by awesome people.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Phobic,

I researched after my post. I think its a cool product and very neat idea, however a little spendy for me. I applaud the R&D that this took to bring to market so I'm not downing anything. I'm just saying its going to be after coilovers, sway bar & interior/exterior lighting mods before I consider it. But you and others are way past me in these aspects. Thanks for the info.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Just a note on Killerglass . . .
He/they (?) are HUGE supporters of the Scion world. They certainly put their direct support our way specifically, rather that as "just another market." From what I've seen at shows and from those-who-know, I'd support them over ANY similar product.
Their tubes are one of the few completely "extra" and "bling"/light things I would seriously spend my money one. I missed a great deal before I really knew much about them. That's one of the few "rearward regrets" that I have in the Scion-stuff past. Shoulda got 'em!

·
Registered
783 Posts
At Asylum in Eureka Springs they gave away like 4 sets, which was really cool.

·
Registered
57 Posts
OEM Ford antifreeze in my Lightning was orange!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.