Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the 'courtesy workstation' at my scion dealership...the 2 computers w/ free internet. I'm getting my 4-in-1 LEDs installed...(and a rear bumper protector) that i got from Sparks toyota for over 50% off retail.

The thing is, the service department just told me the install will cost $160! That is more than i paid for the part, folks. Also, i think i'm here for a 2-3 hour wait.

This internet doesn't have a flash player or authorize me to download it...so i can't even go to Toyota.com or Scion.com.......at a Toyota Dealership! :eek:

I love my scion, but i think they're services are a bit overpriced...i guess thats the toyota shining through.

·
Registered
338 Posts
That's an insane price! get out of there and do it yourself

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone have the 4-in-1 LEDs? I cannot see the footwell lights at all, even at night! The blue barely shows up, and the rest are noneexistant...nothing like the bright colors shown in the scion books. Do you think Sparks toyota sold me a crappy part or toyota installed it wrong? It sucks cause I can't return it now that it's installed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
joemader said:
Does anyone have the 4-in-1 LEDs? I cannot see the footwell lights at all, even at night! The blue barely shows up, and the rest are noneexistant...nothing like the bright colors shown in the scion books. Do you think Sparks toyota sold me a crappy part or toyota installed it wrong? It sucks cause I can't return it now that it's installed.
I have the same problem. I think it may be typical as I've read previous complaints on the same subject. I am wondering if there is a fix for it? Are there other, brighter lights that can replace what the dealer installed? Anyone?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Should've just scooped up the kit from Randode. To my knowledge it's much brighter, but it doesn't have the 4 colors in 1. Who really needs 4 colors? :D

IMO, the part is too expensive for what it is and I'd never get it. Just doesn't seem like something I'd want, let alone pay for.
Labor is expensive, but parts don't install themselves! :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i took it back into my scion dealer....and left my baby for the day. I got a call in the afternoon....saying that my lights were installed upside down. They fixed them for free....

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They're definately better...I can see all the colors at night...though still not very well. They didn't charge me to check and fix them, so it's with a shot to take them in

·
Registered
14 Posts
joemader said:
i took it back into my scion dealer....and left my baby for the day. I got a call in the afternoon....saying that my lights were installed upside down. They fixed them for free....
Haha. I did that on an installation once, but overtly fixed it before I sent the car. The crystal rods have a mirror on on side and you're suppose to install the LED harness onto the clear end...

And the labor rate at my shop is $104/hr...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.