Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are my new (to me) wheels. Konig Incident 17's

I guess I need to paint my calipers now. :)

Rear bumper protector

Painted my badges

I installed my amp under the driver's seat over spring break but I don't think I ever posted it.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Yes, I removed them. I used fishing line to kind of floss behind them and they came right off. The Scion badge has 2 pins so it was a little trickier, but not much. The hardest part was removing the adhesive from the badges and car.

·
Registered
200 Posts
take the black vinyl off from around the windows. you will be happy trust me. it looks really good red.

·
Registered
159 Posts
looks nice, i like it. you should look into some eyelids to make the front end look more agressive, and DEF paint those calipers. that or powdercoat.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Thanks!

Oh, and just for your TartanJack; I weighed my wheels!

Steelies with hubcaps = 41.2 pounds each

Konigs = 40.2 pounds each
NICE!
Better looking AND performance improvement at the same time- Good on ya.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks nice, i like it. you should look into some eyelids to make the front end look more agressive, and DEF paint those calipers. that or powdercoat.
Just trying to make up my mind black or red for the calipers - leaning towards red. Plus when won't I need to drive my car for 24 hrs to let the G2 epoxy cure.

I like the look of eyelids, but they seem so expensive for a molded piece of plastic.

·
Registered
159 Posts
if you knew the time and effort that went into them, you'd say otherwise. normally the NIA ones are made out of fiberglass, these plastic ones are actually really strong and durable. and for the price, its not that bad really. i believe they are at about 110 right now, i have them for 99. they just havent been updated on my site, the ones on there are fiberglass, but i work very closely with kevin (nia owner) and he kinda gives me the lowdown before its even on his site sometimes. i would color match the calipers, maybe get a front splitter(which i also have a hookup on) and some springs, and you'd be all set! then work on the audio. i see the 4ch install, what about subs and a headunit? how come you didnt run the power next to the ground with the remote as well? i understand the remote might be going into another direction later, but it makes for a very clean install. just my .02, lol.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Just trying to make up my mind black or red for the calipers - leaning towards red. Plus when won't I need to drive my car for 24 hrs to let the G2 epoxy cure.
It's well worth the wait time!

I originally went red on mine and they really popped! I really liked them until I bought the new wheels with the red inserts and the two reds were different enough that the colors clashed, so I repainted my calipers black. With those wheels..... go with the red!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if you knew the time and effort that went into them, you'd say otherwise. normally the NIA ones are made out of fiberglass, these plastic ones are actually really strong and durable. and for the price, its not that bad really. i believe they are at about 110 right now, i have them for 99. they just havent been updated on my site, the ones on there are fiberglass, but i work very closely with kevin (nia owner) and he kinda gives me the lowdown before its even on his site sometimes. i would color match the calipers, maybe get a front splitter(which i also have a hookup on) and some springs, and you'd be all set! then work on the audio. i see the 4ch install, what about subs and a headunit? how come you didnt run the power next to the ground with the remote as well? i understand the remote might be going into another direction later, but it makes for a very clean install. just my .02, lol.
I was thinking of the forjworks eyelids which are like $150 painted. Is there much difference between them and the NIA's? I see the shape is slightly different. I see xbinrochester took his eyelids off when he changed headlights. Maybe I can buy his cheap.:)

The power and ground do both run under the doorsills. The just go down on different sides of the board. I need to run them back under the carpet from the B pillar to hide them a little better. The remote, front speaker wires and rca's run under the carpent along the center console. The rs 6 came with a pioneer avic headunit which is fine for me right now.

I wish I could get an amp and sub, but don't really have the cash right now. I'm also not sure where I'd put them though. I thought of building a sub enclosure for under the passenger seat, but where would I put the amp? I could put the amp under the passenger seat, but then need a spot for the sub. I don't really want to give up my cargo space for a box. I contemplated building a custom fiberglass enclosure to fit in the side of the cargo area like the JL stealthbox. I've never worked with fiberglass before though and that might be complicated for a first project. I also read somewhere just the materials would be $100 and don't have money to spend on something that I might have to throw away. I already have plenty of MDF so building a box would be mostly free.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I was thinking of the forjworks eyelids which are like $150 painted. Is there much difference between them and the NIA's? I see the shape is slightly different. I see xbinrochester took his eyelids off when he changed headlights. Maybe I can buy his cheap.:)

The power and ground do both run under the doorsills. The just go down on different sides of the board. I need to run them back under the carpet from the B pillar to hide them a little better. The remote, front speaker wires and rca's run under the carpent along the center console. The rs 6 came with a pioneer avic headunit which is fine for me right now.

I wish I could get an amp and sub, but don't really have the cash right now. I'm also not sure where I'd put them though. I thought of building a sub enclosure for under the passenger seat, but where would I put the amp? I could put the amp under the passenger seat, but then need a spot for the sub. I don't really want to give up my cargo space for a box. I contemplated building a custom fiberglass enclosure to fit in the side of the cargo area like the JL stealthbox. I've never worked with fiberglass before though and that might be complicated for a first project. I also read somewhere just the materials would be $100 and don't have money to spend on something that I might have to throw away. I already have plenty of MDF so building a box would be mostly free.
i believe for like 110 or so you can get them painted (the nia lids that is) i can get you a for sure price if you are interested. i believe they are more aggressive than the others(lower on light) and im sure they fit better, but thats just because ive helped with the fab on the nia lids so i know how they fit. plus they are made out of high quality plastic so they are very durable. they come ready to install, no trimming or anything, and if painted are ready to go.

as far as the amp/sub thing, you are honestly limited by your imagination. i sell massive audio which has a nanoblock line (kind of a play on words, lol) that are incredibly small amps with really good power. they are CEA compliant and are competition level equipment. i put them in trucks and they fit behind the seat and the rear wall perfectly fine, so under a seat would be perfect. the box you can find info on how to do fiberglass, i can make you a box and ship it to you, but that may take a little time, since i have to find an XB that i can borrow for a day or two to start the mold for the box. fiberglass really inst that hard to do once you learn a little about the chemistry. most ppl just dont wanna try it cuz it looks harder than it really is. maybe i'll put a DIY up and you can see it done. the technique is the same, just different from car to car. a simple MDF box would be fine, just make it right, you could do something like the JL boxes. if you're looking for a decent amp/sub package, PM me and i'll help you out, dont wanna clutter the forums up with needless posts.

on the amp install, i understand how they are run,(your wires) as far as where they are going, but part of installing is an art. you could cut a small hole in the carpet and run them down and then to where you need them to go. the less wires you see, the cleaner it looks imo. the avic units are really good, so you got lucky having one already. saves you about $1K.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.