Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. So I had new tires put on the other day and an oil change. No problem I thought. Sure this place messed up an oil change in the past, but I'm sure they'll do better this time.

So after driving for a little bit I keep hearing a weird watery/slushy noise when I make a turn (predominantly during left turns). I don't think too much about it. I look down and see my floor mat on the passenger side is wet, figured I spilled something. Upon further inspection, something is leaking from under the dash on the passenger side. I believe it to be water, but have no idea what it could be. A/C is keeping cool so I don't think it's from that, but I could be wrong. Any ideas?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Most likely:
The A/C tube between the in-dash component and the underside of your vehicle is clogged. That system collects and removes condensation from the A/C.
On the passenger side floor board, toward the middle of the car, there is a black, rubber tube that goes into the floor.
Get a towel around it, pull it out. If it pours, the clog is below it. If not, it is above it.
If below, run a tube (I use one of the flexible "claw" reaching ones, or a small screw driver- depending on where and how the system is shaped) into the floor side and see if you can dislodge it.
If above, do the opposite- pushing it up from the bottom.

I've had this happen in both my Miata and the B.
Actually, I felt a drop last night and was thinking of checking mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.