Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new xB and want to change the seats. I've been searching and want to hear some opinions. I want to do it right so quality and fit is important to me. I've seen the covers by Clazzio, and Katzskins, and also looking at a shop in the Miami area that does leather seats for various dealers. Of course these vary in price, So what do you have, what do you like, what do you recommend. Chief

·
Registered
474 Posts
chief52 said:
Just got my new xB and want to change the seats. I've been searching and want to hear some opinions. I want to do it right so quality and fit is important to me. I've seen the covers by Clazzio, and Katzskins, and also looking at a shop in the Miami area that does leather seats for various dealers. Of course these vary in price, So what do you have, what do you like, what do you recommend. Chief
Chief52,

I installed the Clazzio, installation was easy and they look great...they do not look like seat covers, but, look like leather seats!

On another note, I wasn't sure if "Chief52" referred to a "52 year old indian" or (perhaps) a "52 year old retired USAF E9"....after reading a later post, Thanks for your 30 years of service to our country.

Brewski
(SMsgt ret)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well done grasshoppers, I'm retired G man but by differant route. 6 years active 28 years VA. employee.
Live long and prosper. Although we have less than private sector pensions in the past, their companies are "shitting" the bed as they say, and hanging them out to dry. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brewski said:
chief52 said:
Chief52,

I installed the Clazzio, installation was easy and they look great...they do not look like seat covers, but, look like leather seats!

On another note, I wasn't sure if "Chief52" referred to a "52 year old indian" or (perhaps) a "52 year old retired USAF E9"....after reading a later post, Thanks for your 30 years of service to our country.

Brewski
(SMsgt ret)
Senior Brewski: My service was my pleasure--I miss it every day and would gladly go back in a heart beat. Alas the 52 is year of birth so I'm actually 57. I retired JAN 98 and everyday I feel like that part of my life is fading like a lawn chair in the sun. I went on MacDill last week to renew my ID and the Airman called me back for my picture as "Mister"--ouch. Please accept my reciprocal appreciation for your service to our country. Thanks also for the info on the seats.

·
Registered
101 Posts
chief52 said:
I have ordered, though not received, the Clazzio cross stitched covers. I am about 3 weeks into the order. $339 for the fronts, rears and armrest.

I have seen these on several vehicles and they came highly recommended from the owners.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Brewski said:
chief52 said:
Chief52,

Brewski
(SMsgt ret)
Do you have pictures of your Clazzios?

Thanks,

·
Registered
474 Posts
[/quote]

Do you have pictures of your Clazzios?

Thanks,
[/quote]

Don't have any pictures of the Clazzios....I'm not sure pictures will do them justice...but I'll see what I can do.

Brewski

·
Registered
474 Posts
:confused:
Well now I have the pictures in photobucket still trying to get them over here...any help out there (again) sorry. :(

brewski

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Just copy the img tags (seen in the box under the picture in photobucket), with the

Then paste the whole over here. It should just pop right in as a complete picture.

·
Registered
474 Posts
TartanJack said:
Just copy the img tags (seen in the box under the picture in photobucket), with the

Then paste the whole over here. It should just pop right in as a complete picture.
TartanJack,

I know there is a way...but, I'm still :confused: I have six or so pictures that I would like to move from PhotoBucket to the forum...but, the "Page" does not let me copy...so I can't paste....do I need to subscripe to a higher level or what?

Thanks,
Brewski

·
Registered
101 Posts
IF you click on the SHARE tab at  the top of the picture, you will get a new window.  The new window has a GET LINK tab.  Click that.  Then select this option-IMG for bulletin boards & forums.  Paste this code between [img} from the the tool bar above the message box.

I really appreciate you getting the pictures.  Good Karma for you my friend!

·
Registered
474 Posts

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts

That should have fixed the links.
(I tried to add an explanation of what was typed and what works, but it didn't post correctly. I turned it into a PM.)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Looks like TJ beat me to it. Thanks.

Brewski- pictures and seats look great. Thanks for the pictures.

I am so glad I made the purchase. I feel like a kid at Christmas waiting for the big day.

·
Registered
318 Posts
those look fantastic! definitely an option if i start to miss the old audi too much!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
ocotillo said:
Which combo is that?
PVC and leather? PVC and PVC?
That is one combo I was thinking about . . .

·
Registered
101 Posts
The leather ones are supposed to perforated in the center. It is hard to tell if these are perforated or not.

Here is what the perforated look like:

I ordered black outer, grey center with black cross stitching.

·
Registered
1 Posts
new at this hope its understood. I own a 2007xb love the car with exception to the damn seat I am 6'4" 255lbs and Jan 1 of 2010 (2 years ) I will have 120k on the car. But the seats are just brutal I currently have a jell pad in the front and now the back support failing its killing me. I have to say this has the worst seats I have ever seen.

again i love the car but i need some help on the seats maybe its just an old thing (I'm 51)

tt

·
Registered
783 Posts
I'm 16, 6' 2" 150lb, and I had trouble with the seats when i first got the car, and i've had it for about 10 months, and i've put 10,000 miles on it. The seats were very uncomfortable at first, but they don't bother me anymore.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.