Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have been wanting to put LED bulbs in my tail lights. But, I have heard that occasionally resistors are needed for the LEDS. My question is what bulbs would I need for the OEM Tail lights (turn signal, brake, parking) also do I need anything else besides bulb? Any help would be great thanks!
Scott

· Registered
846 Posts
I did my tails a while ago, I think I got everything from V-LEDS. Not only do they sell the replacement lights, but they also sell the electronic flasher needed to operate the turn signals at the correct speed and the resistors needed for the brake lights. I might say that the bulbs are NOT cheap,but they have lasted for over a year at this time.

· Registered
185 Posts
so you need resistors? And flashers? Glad I saw this tread. I was debating that as well. And its nice to see a fellow Ohioan on here!

· Registered
457 Posts
You can go either with resistors, which have to be wired into each light that you switch to LED, or you can just replace the factory flasher with an electronic unit and it takes care of the hyper flash from the front end. I prefer the flasher method as you just have to remove the stock flasher and plug a new one in, and it works with a combination of incandescent and LED lights.

· Registered
185 Posts
where are the factory flashers located?

· Registered
457 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Thanks Greg! Does that one flasher control all 4 of the turn signals? So I would be able to replace the front ones as well.

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did my tails a while ago, I think I got everything from V-LEDS. Not only do they sell the replacement lights, but they also sell the electronic flasher needed to operate the turn signals at the correct speed and the resistors needed for the brake lights. I might say that the bulbs are NOT cheap,but they have lasted for over a year at this time.
Could you give me a run down of everything your purchased? I know I will need a pair of 7443 bulbs. But I don't know what I will need after that. I did the sylvania run down sheet and some stuff is missing.

· Registered
161 Posts
Which bulb from vled did you get for Your brake lights? Are they brighter than the stock bulbs?

· Registered
457 Posts
Thanks Greg! Does that one flasher control all 4 of the turn signals? So I would be able to replace the front ones as well.
Yes, the one flasher module controls all of the turn signals so you can replace the lights to your hearts content.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.