Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 Scion xB Release Series 8.0 SoundWave
746 Posts
DDM is what I use and they work great. lifetime replacement too.
I have the 55 watt 6000k bulbs. I have had them replaced once and it was easy. I just bought the LED Plasma units and gonna use them as driving lights on my Release front ground effects

·
Registered
161 Posts
Im done with HIDs..for now..but ill look into that..i was wondering if anyone tried LEDs as headlight..like the new Audis
They don't sell such a thing yet. The led headlights are specifically designed for the leds.
The leds you see on ebay and such are just like a running light. There is no light output like a headlight or hid.

Why did you give up on Hids? I've been using them for years, from vvme and ddm. No issues as of yet.
I even installed a set on a friends evo for his fogs, been almost a year still working perfectly.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I really doubt that the LED H11 low-beam will be very bright. It will look bright, but there won't be much output.

Perform a quick google search regarding the subject. If you don't want to go back to HID, then go to halogen. Otherwise it'll be like you're driving with the headlights off.

·
Registered
67 Posts
in the field of automotive LED technology their isnt anything on the market yet that puts out the same luminous flux output of an HID headlamp. however V-LEDs is getting very close. V-LEDs will soon be releasing their triton V3 bulbs. the cool 6k white will output a good 600 lumens. but still a standard HID headlamp outputs about 1400 so thats less than half. we have the LED technology do do it but the proper application hasnt presented itself yet. their are LEDs in existence that can put out of 10000 lumens but those take up to 40-60 volts DC and about 10+ amps and are used in industrial applications and are extremely expensive and take some very advance cooling systems to keep from burning themselves out. the new Triton V3 LEDs utilizes a phillips tri-rebel LED which are very small 3watt high intensity LEDs mounted on a star shaped PCB. i used these alot when building custom lightsaber props. the most advanced saber ive made used 10 watt LEDs which output about 800 lumens. running of 14.4 volts and 2.5 amps. whats nice about the V-LED triton V3 is the casing for the led that attaches to a multiple of sockets is the actual heatsink. it also has a special collimator lens the not only emits a 120 degree flood beam but also takes some of the lights and projects it around the sides so it will reflect off your existing reflectors. these will be the brightest and most powerful DRL running lights in the market. they also come in a switchback mode. you should check them out. but as far as your HIDs man, its your kit you need to get a better kit. i personally went with a HIDguy slimline ballast and those things are tough as nails and work solid. ive had a ballast fall out of my wheel well going do the **** free way and it still worked. and ive had no flickering or power issues. you should check them out. ive been running the same ballasts and same bulbs for about a year and half now. no issues. :cheers:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info guys..much appreciated..

As far as why I gave up on HIDs..my bulbs and ballast on the right (passenger) side keep crapping out on me..but I think I found out why..i read on the FAQS on DDM..it states that the xBs have reverse polarity..meaning..negative to positive and vice versa..is that right?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.