Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about installing LED in my xb but i am not sure how to go about it.
where do i go to get them?
is there any equalizers i have to add?
or are there direct add on to the 12v system

id like to light up the interior to get a bright white
and eventually move to the cluster

Whats every one else using?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Re: LED... WTF?

I replaced my dome, map and rear cargo lights with LED's from garage1217, auto illumination and oznium. I had the orange LED's in my gauge changed out along with the window switch, mode button, vsc button, oem radio and HVAV controls. I also added cold cathode tubes in my footwells and under the front seats.

I would start with the dome-oznium ultra thin dome light in cool white- and map lights- 194 wedge bulb from garage 1217- super bright white.

Good Luck

·
Registered
781 Posts
MountScion85xb said:
Im thinking about installing LED in my xb but i am not sure how to go about it.
where do i go to get them?
is there any equalizers i have to add?
or are there direct add on to the 12v system

id like to light up the interior to get a bright white
and eventually move to the cluster

Whats every one else using?
Sounds like you may be going for a brighter interior than I did. I just finished last week and used 12LED natural white wedges in the maps (superbrightleds.com), two 6 MSD5050 white PCB panels in the dome (eBay) and a 2 MSD5050 cool white festoon in the cargo (superbrightleds.com). I don't plan to change the others.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to a local auto parts store and picked up 2 flat 20 led lights
i connected them both together and plugged it in to my dome light using the kit they provide

my dome light is really bright now :D

i still have to go the online method for the other bulbs like
194 and 7440 because the ones at the store aren't the ones i liked

pics will be up soon

·
Registered
781 Posts
TrevorS said:
Sounds like you may be going for a brighter interior than I did. I just finished last week and used 12LED natural white wedges in the maps (superbrightleds.com), two 6 SMD5050 white PCB panels in the dome (eBay) and a 2 SMD5050 cool white festoon in the cargo (superbrightleds.com). I don't plan to change the others.
FWIW -- I bumped my Cargo lamp from the 2 SMD5050 cool white festoon to an Ebay 6 SMD5050 cool white festoon. I like it better :)!

·
Registered
124 Posts
can sum1 plz plz explain how to access the dome light i want to switch my out as well but it feels as if im going to break the plastic when i try to switch them out so any tips????
thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.