Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have decided to sh*tcan my crappy LED "factory" lights since they are garbage. Does anybody have any recommendations (or warnings) about aftermarket LED? Hate to be in the same boat again later.

How about these "drop in" LED bulbs? Do they really, or is it an act of congress to get them to function properly? I like these little "spider bulbs" I have come across lately. Does anybody have any input on those? Just want to use them for the brake and tail.

Also considering rewiring the factory tails that I have coming (dark tinted) so that the upper bulb which normally just signals is also lit up with the taillights on. ONLY the taillights, not the brakes, since the other (bright) filament in the bulb will be used for signaling. I can't see why this wouldn't work. Maybe I am missing something? Swap to a dual filament socket, and jump the lower tail hot wire up to the dim side of the upper dual filament bulb. That should work...right?? Would it correct any load issues with the LEDS? Or make it worse?

Thanks!!:cheers:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seriously? Nobody?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also considering rewiring the factory tails that I have coming (dark tinted) so that the upper bulb which normally just signals is also lit up with the taillights on. ONLY the taillights, not the brakes, since the other (bright) filament in the bulb will be used for signaling. I can't see why this wouldn't work.Thanks!!:cheers:
I am starting to think that they normally do if I had the "stock" harness on the rear of my car. The aftermarket "stock" lights only have a flasher on the top and an LED halo that ran off the bottom section. If I have a stock harness, will it light up the top the same as the bottom? In other words, the bottom section isn't the only section burning with stock tailights is it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.