Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at doing a few exterior and interior lighting mods on the box. I have a few questions but since the ledmods.com site isn't completely clear, I figured someone on here might know.

Are the led back up light bulbs that are listed as 08 and up Scion xB2 : High Power LED Reverse Light v2.0 [xB2] [XB2-HP_REV_LED_v2] - $19.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce the same as the ones in the taillights in the 2011 and 12? Are they significantly brighter?

Also, has anyone added the Scion xB2 : Dual Color LED Turn Signal Switchback [also xB1] [xB2_dual_LED_bulb] - $36.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce turn signal lights? Do they stay on steady white with the headlights on or just with parking lights?

I am also considering the license plate light and map light. If anyone has specific knowledge of the quality and reliability I would appreciate the feedback.

Scion definitely skimped on interior lighting on this thing and my eyes aren't as good as they used to be at night.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Maybe I can help with the light thing. The b/u lite on the "08-'10 are not the same on the new xB's,they have two in the tail lite assemblies,the older one's have one in the bumper. The turn lites are white while on and turn to amber when flashing,but I think a load resistor has to be added to make the system think all is OK (or they will blink at what is known as hyper flash). If you want to replace bulbs with LED's,check the manual to see what numbers they list and look for ones that match.
I hope this helps.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

I get the locations of the backup lights are different. My question was more about bulb type. I found more led info on another site, I think its called superbrightleds.com or something.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Thanks.

I get the locations of the backup lights are different. My question was more about bulb type. I found more led info on another site, I think its called superbrightleds.com or something.
Yea it's superbrightleds. The b/u lamp for the '08-'10 is a 7440. I got one for mine and it has 3 led elements in it and it's bright. I think the ones on yours is a standard lamp (maybe like a 2056 but don't quote me). I'm shure they have a lamp for that.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Be mindful, I just had a nightmare of a time with LEDMod and am still fighting with them to either get my money back or the part I ordered. According to them, they don't know what their stock on parts are and don't know when they're getting them. Translation: I ordered parts a month ago, they aren't giving my money back and have no clue when they're getting the part to ship to me even though their website, right now, says they have the part in stock.

Not hating on anyone, simply passing on some insight I wish I had.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yea it's superbrightleds. The b/u lamp for the '08-'10 is a 7440. I got one for mine and it has 3 led elements in it and it's bright. I think the ones on yours is a standard lamp (maybe like a 2056 but don't quote me). I'm shure they have a lamp for that.
I too am interested in a brighter back-up light for my '10 xB. I did see the DIY with an H8 but would probably take the simpler route of plugging in a 7440 bulb.

I checked out superbrightleds site and have a couple of questions. Which x3 bulb did you buy? Have you encountered any heat or reliability issues?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Be mindful, I just had a nightmare of a time with LEDMod and am still fighting with them to either get my money back or the part I ordered. According to them, they don't know what their stock on parts are and don't know when they're getting them. Translation: I ordered parts a month ago, they aren't giving my money back and have no clue when they're getting the part to ship to me even though their website, right now, says they have the part in stock.

Not hating on anyone, simply passing on some insight I wish I had.
Does anyone else have something like ledmods turns signal/driving light bulb thing with resistor?

·
Registered
658 Posts
I guess I'll say this... If you don't mind potentially waiting awhile LEDMod is the cheapest place to get them. My advice would be to email Sean ([email protected]) to make sure they are in stock before ordering as their website stock is not accurate according to him. If he says they are in stock and ready to ship, might as well order them. If not I would have him email you when they are so your money isn't in his pocket with nothing in return for awhile. Just my thoughts in hindsight.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Also the switchback LED's wont do you any good in the 2011 and up XB's so forget about that one too.. You can run the license plate lamps in the front running marker lamps as well.. they ARE bright as you can see in the photo.

Those are the LEDmod rear license plate bulbs

·
Registered
846 Posts
I too am interested in a brighter back-up light for my '10 xB. I did see the DIY with an H8 but would probably take the simpler route of plugging in a 7440 bulb.

I checked out superbrightleds site and have a couple of questions. Which x3 bulb did you buy? Have you encountered any heat or reliability issues?

Thanks in advance...
Sorry that I have not replied to your post,but I just reread it. I found the invoice from Superbright,and the replacement # is 7440-WHP3 Cool White. The price at that time was $12.95 plus $2.99 shipping. I installed the week of July 18 th and so far it has not failed no is hotter that the standard lamp. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Also the switchback LED's wont do you any good in the 2011 and up XB's so forget about that one too.. You can run the license plate lamps in the front running marker lamps as well.. they ARE bright as you can see in the photo.

Those are the LEDmod rear license plate bulbs
Not sure that I understand... the switch back turn signals won't work in a 2011 up?

Also, are you saying the bulbs for the license plate work up front somewhere?

Sam, where did you order from?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Small Driving lights in the headlights I think.....the same as the plate lights. I'll need to order these quickly because they look amazing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.