Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First one I've seen readily available to ship to the US:

Toyota Corolla Rumion 2010 A C Switch Panel 1960900 | eBay

Big issues:

1. The Rumion and Ruckus are both RHD, so the controls are facing the wrong way. With the standard controls, it appears you can pop them out and use them in the LHD panel. The automatic control panel looks like one solid unit, so this may not be possible (I need a lot more info; i'd love to see under that white plastic cover!)

2. The connection on the automatic control is a single harness that looks pretty small (4-8 pin?) so there's obviously some sort of controller behind the dash that it connects to. We don't yet know the extent of what is needed.

As always, I will use this thread as my notepad for thoughts and progress.

· Registered
457 Posts
I can save you a bit of research. I talked to my ex-brother-in-law years ago about doing this. He is a car dealership owner/mechanic in Japan. You will need the HVAC control panel, control box that moves the flaps to redirect the air flow, and the computer that hooks to all of it. It is possible to do, might need to cut and plastic weld the angle trims backwards on the USDM panel to get the angle right. Dealer cost on all the parts would have run me about $2000 USD not including shipping, I was going to take it home in my suitcase. Used obviously would be less. I've seen all the parts available on a few of the Japanese auction sites.

· Registered
845 Posts
The back of the panel is totally different. Our controls clip in to their own spots. No screws at all. So it would definitely need some fab work as far as mounting goes. Depending on how the rumion/rukus controls are attached to the circuit board, you may be able to rotate the whole thing 180 degrees, then rotate the individual controls back 180, so they angle at our drivers side. You might find better pricing and shipping from Australia. Maybe.

· Registered
206 Posts
Funny I was just thinking how awesome an automatic hvac control would be and you guys started posting about it. That's what's cool about this forum! Anyway I know it's not the same but our controls look very similar to the 2006 wrx set up.

· Registered
206 Posts
I mean the circle dials in a row set up.....

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.