Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does it have to be a real license plate in the front i was wondering if we can get away with number stickers down in the corner or something lol

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Only in the Uk, on an older model . . .

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
OR . . .
Move to a state W/O front plates!
(Like the Carolinas)

·
Registered
844 Posts
That reminds me of the time I bought a used Honda Prelude. It was an '85 about 15 yrs. ago,and as I test drove it I noticed the front plate was missing. Upon asking the owner, he said that he didn't like the way it looked with it on, so he had the plate in the trunk with the bracket. He got stopped several times over the years but told the cops that he was going to mount it but hadn't done it yet. They let him go everytime, not even a warning. I don't have that kind of luck, so as soon as I got the car, I put my plate on the front.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
i love living in florida, no stupid front plates and great car-friendly weather =D
And GOBS of massive, sticky bugs to plaster the front into a nice bumpy sheen . . .

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
does it have to be a real license plate in the front i was wondering if we can get away with number stickers down in the corner or something lol
Real answer:
Look up the state DOT law list. There is a section on plates. That will tell what you can and cannot do.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have my original rear plate mounted but not the front. i looked up as tartan jack said but they only specify that you need it in the front and the back. i think ima try the number idea and hope to get away with no real front plate

·
Registered
566 Posts
I drove a car without a front plate in California for about five years without any problem and then got two tickets in one month while it was parked in a mall parking lot! Having the plate in the trunk wouldn't have helped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.