Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only two holes? What gives?

I have been driving around using the two screws that the dealer put on there, and finally got around to picking up a set of anti-theft screws.... I go to put them on and there are only 2 holes :mad:. no wonder my plate frame has been rattling. Right now I took the frame off for blessed silence, but the only thing I can think of is to get some shorter screws and put nuts on the back of the plate for the lower holes, with some kind of foam tape behind them.

Any other work arounds I haven't thought of?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I had the same issue with my plate frame rattling once I got my custom sub. Simple fix for that though. I went to my local RadioShack and picked up some of those little sticky rubber feet/cushions made to go underneath electronics. I stuck em under my license plate frame where the other 2 screws would go. They're rubber so it doesn't do anything to my paint and it eliminated the noise altogether. Fix cost me like two bucks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dynamat also makes a dampening kit for license plates. You can find them on ebay for around $15. It makes your plate more solid and a little heavier. It also includes a set of narrow foam strips to apply to the front of the plate to keep it from rattling on the frame. I added some more foam to the area behind the plate as well. Sounds a lot better. Now I can hear where my rear hatch rattles against the frame.......anybady got any foam tape for that?

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
FWIW, I just got off the phone with the guy I bought mine from, and he said that the bottom portion of the door is too thin for screws. He also said that the Camry's are the same way. He also mentioned that they put rubber pads behind the plate before installing it, so there should be no issue with marring the door.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts