Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to download new skins onto there "Pioneer Premium" sound system?? I downloaded the software from the Pioneer Japan website (even though the url in the manual is incorrect) and tried to make my own backgrounds and grabbed some from their website. I copyed them to a CD-R and followed the instructions in the manual, that seemed easy enough. It displays "download ready" and then all of the sudden jumps to "disc error." According to the manual this means the CD does not contain image data to rewrite. However, when I check it on my computer it does. Any help would be appreciated. (or atleast knowing someone figured it out)

(edited for spelling)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah...I see. I did the same thing, Tried to load 20 some files on there. I'll have to try it at lunch with only a few.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It worked for me.
1. Download the Studio app.
2. Use the Studio app to generate an LKA file. You can use LKD files from the web or create your own in the Studio app. One LKA file can contain 2 background pictures, one background video and one movie.
3. Once you've generated an LKA file, burn it to a CD-R. It should be the only thing on the CD.
4. Follow the instructions in the radio's manual for loading the LKA file. Once it's loaded, your custom stuff shows up in the Entertainment menu.

More info:

I've found that AVI files work better than MPEG-2 files. When you convert MPEG-2s to movies or background videos, the playback is jerky. AVIs are smooth.

I created movies from Bladerunner and Star Wars last night. They look pretty cool.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So...it can be done. :yes: I'll have to keep playing with it. I tried it like you said but it doesn't read the file I put on the CD. Wish me luck, I'll have to hide the knives before I start if it ends up like last time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
IceQube said:
So...it can be done. :yes: I'll have to keep playing with it. I tried it like you said but it doesn't read the file I put on the CD. Wish me luck, I'll have to hide the knives before I start if it ends up like last time.
How are you burning the CD? I use Nero Burning ROM, and I close the disc (not multi-session). I don't know if all of that is needed, but it works. When I tried using Windows CD burner it produced a CD error on the Pioneer unit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I was using the basic windows system also. I'll try it with some different software and see if it works. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can do it with Windows Vista but you have to switch the burning format on the Burn a Disc screen. Switch from Live File System to Mastered and it will work with no problem. I just got Episode III loaded on my radio.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I am hoping that someone can help me figure out how to load the lka and lkd files onto my stereo. I have a 2009 scion xb and cannot find the manual to tell me how to load the files that are burned on the cd. I have tried several things with no luck. Is there someone out there that can tell me what they steps are?

Any help is appreciated:biggrin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts