Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like pretty much everything about my xB, but one thing that really annoys me is the beeping sound it makes when I lock/unlock the doors. Is there any way to turn it off?

·
Registered
739 Posts
I doubt the dealer does anything for free.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Personally, I like the beeps because they tell me what I requested happened. Otherwise I'd just end up assuming and I may not always be right. In fact, I like it so much I went well out of my way to add that feature when installing keyless entry in my Eclipse (the xB sourced the keyless idea to begin with).

Compared to the many vehicles that use the car horn as the signal, I find the xB beep very unobtrusive.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The thing is, I hear so many beeps, that when I go into a restaurant or into my house, I can't remember if the last beep I hear locked it or not. Maybe I should just pay more attention and watch for the lights to flash. I also just the find the high pitch of the beep irritating. Like I said before though, this is one of the few things I dislike about my xB.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Parkers09xB said:
The thing is, I hear so many beeps, that when I go into a restaurant or into my house, I can't remember if the last beep I hear locked it or not.
How many beeps are you hearing???? You should only hear 1 beep when locking it and two beeps when unlocking it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Locking the doors becomes a habit and sometimes I don't remember if I lock it or not.

If you put the key fob up to your chin and push the button you can increase the operating range of the signal. I did this today when I was eating at Arby's, didn't want to walk outside so I just used this trick and could see the lights flash once telling me it was now locked.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
XBinRochester said:
Parkers09xB said:
The thing is, I hear so many beeps, that when I go into a restaurant or into my house, I can't remember if the last beep I hear locked it or not.
You should only hear 1 beep when locking it and two beeps when unlocking it.
That's all I hear, but I'm in the same boat as scion:
Locking the doors becomes a habit and sometimes I don't remember if I lock it or not.
By the way, why does that work? Is it just the height of the remote?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.