Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-

I am looking for the plastic snap-on wire plug connector shell that surrounds the ABS speed sensor connecting plug on my 2009 Scion Xb. The plastic "shell" acts as a strain relief on the black and white wires coming off the back of the connector plug and also "clamshells" around the connector plug protecting somewhat from water and dirt.
All I can find online on ebay is the entire pigtail or ABS cable assembly and I cant find the protective shell that is supposed to wrap around the ABS plug.
Any suggested sources would be appreciated and I cant go to a junk parts yard because there are none in my city and I cant remove the ABS connector plug or protective shell unless I remove the wheel from the car.
Thank you.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I doubt you're going to find that part. You'll need to replace the whole cable. It isn't difficult. The part starts at $21 on rockauto.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I doubt you're going to find that part. You'll need to replace the whole cable. It isn't difficult. The part starts at $21 on rockauto.com
Ive considered your suggestion however Im not sure how difficult it may be to replace the existing cable by tracing and detaching and then attaching the new cable to wherever the end that doesnt attach to the sensor terminates while laying on my back under the car? I dont have a Scion shop manual for that instruction,or Im considering using a heat activated shrink tubing to cover the existing sensor to semi waterproof the sensor and help stress relieve the incoming wire to the sensor. Id just have to be careful not to apply to much heat to the cable and sensor.
Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts