Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I know that evilcalvin installed a CAI he bought from eBay back in March 2011 for $80 and was happy with it. He drives over 25k a year so by now he's had some long-term experience with it. He lives in CA like me so we have to worry about smog and diagnostic codes. Last I heard he does not have any problems. Link to his install:

http://www.newscionxb.com/123-2nd-gen-scion-xb-talk/8014-cold-air-intake-4.html

This CAI is from Zomk Speed. Other people have tried other aftermarket CAIs and some have experienced various problems. I mention this one because of cheap price and no problems. I don't own an aftermarket CAI. Your experience may vary.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I just noticed in your post you asked for a TRD intake.

These are not TRD, but I thought I'd mention them. I found eBay listings for CAI for Scion xB from Zomk Speed but not sure if this is the same one as on evilcalvin's car. Available in polished, red, black, or blue. Search in eBay for

spyder scion xb cold air intake

I am not affiliated with the seller, I just like a good deal. Let us know how it all turns out, and take pics!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Yup in the classifieds but it isnt "cheap as balls" as the op is looking for :confused:
Well if this guy wants one cheaper than what its being sold for in "auto's" thread then he's out of luck or ending up with a beat one. Either way, PM auto about his.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.