Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
782 Posts
You're asking about improving gas mileage, but relative to what? Your only experience is apparently a test drive.

I don't know what you're comparing to, but the xB2 has a somwhat largish frontal area and a fair bit of weight, so it's appropriate to ask what you're comparing performance to? Yes, there are mods you can make to boost engine performance, but engaging those mods will cost you MPG. MPG depends heavily on your head and foot -- if you expect it regardless, forget performance! The base design tries to conserve MPG despite the driver.

Pure pricing is a very specific policy and so don't expect any heed to be taken of your desire for a lower price. Best shot for a price break is an earlier model year.

· Registered
782 Posts
Unfortunately, the "real time" and also "average" MPG reported by the xB2 computer aren't real -- just a rough estimate. The only way to find out your actual MPG is to hand calculate it (elapsed miles divided by amount of gas required to refill the tank). As far as I'm concerned, the xB2 does just fine, but you can believe my driving practices are designed to assist that :)!

· Registered
782 Posts
That's an interesting observation -- wonder why that would happen? Seems to me it would have to have something to do with ECU programming, but why would be the point? Perhaps it's a result of going open loop?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.