Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
848 Posts
the xB comes with real time MPG readout, you can use this info to obtain better than the advertised mileage. with summer gas i often get 30 - 31 mpg per tank. i have a cai, lightweight wheels and im lowered. each of those mods have slightly improved MPG with the CAI aiding merging onto the highway.

you wont have much success in getting anything knocked off the sticker price but there can be a difference between dealers and the pure price. when i bought mine it had the premium head unit already installed, i told dealer i didnt want it and to take it off the price. they wouldnt, some bs about thats how it was delivered to them. a couple of weeks later i saw an xB minus the stereo and a lower sticker price. on my 08 i did manage to get them to throw in floor mats when i played 2 dealers against each other.

Good Luck!

· Premium Member
848 Posts
i believe it to be more than a rough estimate. idling time enters the equation as well. I've only ever found the stated MPG average to be off from the actual calculated MPG by 1. so if the dash says 32, ive gotten 31. It is a very useful tool for correcting your driving habits.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.