Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ever since it got really cold in my area my exhaust is rattling. It sounds like its right in the area where the heat shield is near the rear. I will start my car and as soon as I put it in reverse it starts to rattle. Sometimes even when I'm idle at a traffic light it will start to rattle, or when I let off the gas because of cruise control. Does my exhaust need adjusting or is it just the cold weather making the steel expand? I have the 3 inch CXRacing full catback.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Sounds like your heatshield came loose from one of the nuts that hold it in place and is resting on the exhaust. You would notice it more when you're stopped or starting the vehicle.

·
Registered
160 Posts
There was a civic next to me today that sounded like that it was so **** loud! Lol I was like dude get your F ing muffler fixed Lol if mine did that it would be fixed by the next day no way I could ride around like that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There was a civic next to me today that sounded like that it was so **** loud! Lol I was like dude get your F ing muffler fixed Lol if mine did that it would be fixed by the next day no way I could ride around like that.
I used to have an '01 Civic and I had that same problem. It turned out that the heat shield was corroded only where the bolts held the top and bottom pieces together. Since I was planning on trading it in soon, I went with the cheap fix: two long stainless steel hose clamps threaded end to end, wrapped all the way around it and held it together.

There, I fixed it!:p

·
Registered
783 Posts
Mine does that. I put a Strup header, and a Strup cat back, i didn't have any rattle until I put on my Weapon-R Spipe, and it rattled if I moved the tip of my exhaust. I took my catback off and it still rattles. I'm not sure if it's my midpipe or my spipe. I tried taking it off and tightening it up, but no luck.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
200 more miles until I have to take the XB in for a oil change, I hope they can check and see what's wrong with the adjustment of the exhaust. Since it's an aftermarket part and wasn't created by Toyota I hope they won't give me any hassle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts