Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone come up with any Low or No dollar upgrades for the xB2? Performance, interior, or exterior? Ive always found some remove this, move this sensor, change this upgrade but the Xb is all new to me.

Oh yeah its a 09 auto.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Removing the A-Pillar (sides of windscreen) black vinyl tape (expensive to replace should you not like it)
Repainting grills (body color or accent)
Painting or vinyl covering of the area between the upper and lower grills (looks like an Audi, VW, Mitsu, or Nissan)
Repainting any interior or exterior parts (paint is cheap, back-to-stock of often isn't)
Vinyl graphics (more expensive than paint, but MUCH easier to remove), interior or exterior

Just a few ideas.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the blackout between the upper and lower grilles. The xB is silver so Ill probally try it with black vinyl first. I like the black between the windows so that will stay.......for now.

Ive had other vehilces that ran better with the IAT sensor moved and air box snokel removed, but I haven't really had the chance to do much on this yet. Ill check it out this weekend.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
The snorkel removal makes the engine growl on acceleration (could be good or bad).
It may slightly affect fuel consumption, but irrelevant amounts compared to the nut behind the steering wheel and the foot on the pedal.

I took mine off and then put it back on. Real acceleration was about the same, only louder. I liked it a bit more subtle than that.
Ultimately, I want the TRD Cold Air Intake.

· Registered
240 Posts
I have NO Dollar! I can't even afford a HID kit under $100. I need to start saving, and start eating cup noodles!

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
In no dollar . . .
STAY AWAY from EBAY!
(Tends to cost more than one realizes)

- Just a tip.

· Registered
74 Posts
I have removed the A-pillar tape.....free, quick and easy mod that can be done.

I really like the brake light overlay. Has anyone done this? Is it easy to do the interior application? I like the look of that better than having it on the outside of the glass.

· Registered
614 Posts
Tica said:
I really like the brake light overlay. Has anyone done this? Is it easy to do the interior application? I like the look of that better than having it on the outside of the glass.
I did the interior application and it looks great! Just follow the directions they send you and you will be all set. I also bought their Back-up light overlay and that came out good too.

· Registered
1,707 Posts
Tica said:
I have removed the A-pillar tape.....free, quick and easy mod that can be done.

I did the interior brake light overlay. DH did it for me, but it took him 5 mins (and he's a perfectionist). I've gotten a few comments on it. Only thing I don't like is that you can't see it! (if you're driving!)

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Phobic said:
TartanJack said:
In no dollar . . .
STAY AWAY from EBAY!
(Tends to cost more than one realizes)

- Just a tip.

I have found some great stuff on ebay for tail lights and headlights, also a lot of carbon fiber mods too that are much cheaper than any place else.
I am on ebay quite a bit . . . that isn't the issue. Ebay just isn't a "no dollar" option. You can get GREAT deals or get quite screwed, so you need to be able to risk the money. I've gotten GREAT deals, though have also over payed for something that wasn't quite what I thought it was.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.