Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my xB for only about 2 weeks. So anyway I am driving down the street and see a squirrel that has a death wish, make a long story short, he kissed the xB. Next, I hear the dogs barking outside the other night and when I get in the car the next morning I hear a knocking when I am going to work.....I stop and look, and my right front inner fender panel is flapping and the spoiler/fender is seperated. I look closer and it appears that the dogs were fighting to get at a stray cat and chewed/pulled stuff apart :mad: I look further and the front lower grille is broke where I would assume the squirrel met his demise. I was able to push and pry and reset the alignment and pop rivit the inner wheelwell secure again. I used 'gorilla glue' on the front grille for now cause I plan on replacing it soon anyway.

Love the car, but dang it does not take much to cause a lot of damage!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
lower grille damage P.S.

Forgot to ask my question, has anyone tried to raise the xB up a little. Maybe a little taller tire to get less road/speed bump damage. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Re: lower grille damage P.S.

jeepstrjohn said:
Forgot to ask my question, has anyone tried to raise the xB up a little. Maybe a little taller tire to get less road/speed bump damage. Thanks.
sorry to hear about your xB getting messed up jeepstrjohn - you must have some wild animals in your neighborhood :eek:

a little larger tire would help some, have you tried this site to size a new one:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

just plug in the stock and new size tire and you can view from side or end to get an idea difference in size...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts