Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get to the traction on off button to replace the backlight and from looking at the pdf.files is it just a pull panel?? I tried just pulling towards me last night and it wasnt coming no way no how. Any trick to getting this off or is it just a tough panel and one needs to pull super hard to pop it off?

Thanks

· Registered
782 Posts
I find it easiest to remove if I start at the right hand side near the steering column. I pull at the top and then move to the left side and it comes off pretty reasonably. For whatever reason, starting at the left doesn't work well for me :(. Just take your time and pull straight forward, no angles :)!

· Registered
1,033 Posts
I am trying to get to the traction on off button to replace the backlight and from looking at the pdf.files is it just a pull panel?? I tried just pulling towards me last night and it wasnt coming no way no how. Any trick to getting this off or is it just a tough panel and one needs to pull super hard to pop it off?
First time is always the hardest. As you suspected, when facing forwards toward the dashboard, to get the knee panel off all you need to do is pull it towards yourself (ie straight back, towards the rear of the car). I've done it 3 or 4 times now.

As TrevorS mentioned, I start on the right side of the panel, closest to the center console. If you feel under the knee panel you can feel the clip on the RHS at the bottom edge. That's where I start, then I work my way up and over to the left as continue to pull. I think there are 5 or 6 clips holding the panel on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.