Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, do any of you guys know how to remove the lower part of the dash below the steering wheel? Everything in this car seems to snap apart without tools, and if this does, I am not seeing how. I have a flasher for LEDs I need to install, and that thing is in such a location, I cannot see any other alternative to getting it out.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

JT

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks dude!! You seriously rock.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Worked like a charm! No need for a disclaimer! Got it removed. Strangely, the LED flasher had differentclips on it than the factory one. I wasn't going to bother sending it back so I just broke them off. Slipped on fine. Tabs aren't needed to keep it secure. Lock confirmation flash works perfectly. I bought some of those little star LED bulbs. Don't waste your money. Sucky. Not bright and ond of the arms was broken when I got them. Junk. Wish I had just gotten two more from Vleds which is waht I think I am gonna do. Oh yeah, flasher has no hyperflash problem with this flasher, so nothing additional is needed like resistors. Truly plug and play.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Now JT, if you replace the brake lights with LED's,you must install load resistors or your cruise control will not work.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not so.... I replaced mine with LED's a while back. I have no problems with the cruise control and did not install resistors

·
Registered
844 Posts
Thanks for the correction, it's good to know.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No problem. Never know man, it may be certain LED bulbs versus others. Mine are the quality bulbs from VLEDS. May be the case with cheaper ebay bulbs. So, I wouldn't rule it out, just not in my case.

·
Registered
104 Posts
wait, how would the break lights affect, or be affected by the cruise control? other then applying them would disable the cruise control.

·
Registered
844 Posts
A lot of the stuff that goes on in newer cars today is controlled by the computer. So as a safety concern, if the brake lights don't work, the driver is reminded to repair them by not having cruise control operation until the lights are fixed.Another example is the RPM limiter which keeps the RPM's under control so the engine doesn't blow up from going over red line.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.