Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow I haven't heard of university classes being cancelled before. The local grade schools near us have cancelled school the past couple day due to snow/winter weather issues also.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Crazy! Is anyone else worried about boostedegos taking pictures while he (or she) is driving? hehe.

·
Registered
566 Posts
theruss said:
Crazy! Is anyone else worried about boostedegos taking pictures while he (or she) is driving? hehe.
Only if he's also texting, drinking coffee and snacking on Egg McMuffin at the same time. It's not as bad as the guy doing 120 and snapping pics of the instrument cluster (of course that may have been boostedegos too).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yup if you go to school in this area you are getting a 5 day weekend. Off wednesday for snow, thursday for bitter cold, and friday is even colder here so more than likely school will be closed. Wind chill here is supposed to reach -40. The coldest reading on the thermometer in the box was -2 F. Not at all pleasant outside thats for sure. Gotta love living in central illinois...... :yucky:
Megan

·
Registered
14 Posts
The lowest temperature I ever experienced was in upstate NY a couple years back. That was -20F.

I distinctly remember having to plot the fastest route from the car (ahhhh sweet heater) to the house ahead of time and running like heck to get there with both ears still attached.

I'm in Hershey, where (luckily?) we're at about 10 degrees. Best of luck....

·
Registered
566 Posts
nuttmeg said:
Yup if you go to school in this area you are getting a 5 day weekend. Off wednesday for snow, thursday for bitter cold, and friday is even colder here so more than likely school will be closed. Wind chill here is supposed to reach -40...
Don't forget, Monday is MLK Day, Tuesday is Inauguration Day and Wednesday is National Hugging Day...but schools are only closed in California for that one.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Shancopp said:
I'm near Kokomo and I've got -8. Rats, I wanted to beat ya!!
Really? I'm glad to be losing this contest. The actual temp got to 7 degrees here but it's a balmy 17 this morning and heading up to the mid 30's today. Guess I'll quit whining...can't imagine -13.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
from noaa.gov

Fair

-10°F
(-23°C)
Humidity: 70 %
Wind Speed: W 10 MPH
Barometer: 30.71" (1043.0 mb)
Dewpoint: -17°F (-27°C)
Wind Chill: -29°F (-34°C) ********** brrrrrrrrr!!!!!
Visibility: 10.00 mi.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I might have you beat. The news said -22 air temp with a windchill around -40. When I went out to the box the temp gague only said -15. Sorry no picture. Minneapolis just hit 2. I think the cold snap is over.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Went to the bike show in NYC this morning, the temp was at -7.. Xb was warm and toasty.... :yes:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.