Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 2009 super white xB i am currently rolling on the factory 16" steelies/hubcaps (69510) and i got a killer deal for brand new factory 16" alloy wheels (69550).

my questions is when i get tires for the new wheels can the original lug nuts that are on the steelies be used for the alloy wheels? or would i have to purchase different lug nuts?

if i have to get new lug nuts, what are the best option for lug nuts for those wheels? what website would be best to purchase them from?

i appreciate the input.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
There are 3 types of lug nuts: shank, cone, and radius. Make sure you get the correct type for your alloy wheels. That part number looks like a shank type...

And I strongly recommend that you also get a set of locks for your wheels (lug nuts that use a special key to tighten/loosen) or else your wheels may get stolen...

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hi chr1s, looking on Amazon, you can get a McGard 21156 (set of 4) regular shank chrome wheel locks for $23.23
Amazon.com: McGard 21156 Chrome Regular Shank Wheel Locks (M12 x 1.5 Thread Size) - Set of 4: Automotive
and 4 sets of McGard 61002 (set of 4) regular shank chrome lug nuts for $10.48 per set.
McGard 61002 Chrome Regular .746" Shank Style Lug Nut Set (M12 x 1.5 Thread Size) - Set of 4 : Amazon.com : Automotive
That's a total of $65.15 for 4 locks and 16 nuts.

When I got wheel locks from Toyota for my 2008 Sienna's factory alloy wheels I think they wanted $50 or $60 for a set of 4 locks only (no lug nuts since they were already on the car). The dealer will have exactly what you need, but on the other hand Amazon's price is pretty good.

Or you can try discounttiredirect, they have wheel lug nut kits for $45-$55. Wheel Accessories - Discount Tire Direct
Not sure if that price includes locks, you will need to contact them. When I got my alloy wheels and cone-style lug nuts from them, they gave me spline drive (instead of hex head) lug nuts. This is nice because you need a spline key to tighten/remove the nuts. So each of my wheels has 4 spline lug nuts and a locking lug nut. Very secure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.