Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isn't a mod, but I thought I'd mention that today the lumbar support I ordered off of eBay showed up. I'll need more time to know how it works, but I'm thinking I'll definitely use it or order another one for my chair in my home office. I remember seeing some other complaints about the lack of lumbar support in the xB & lately my lower back has been killing me. I don't know if it's from more time in the car, or more time in my home office... I hope this helps. I'll update this soon enough ;)

Here's a pic:

I know it doesn't look like much, but it is black & doesn't look horrible w/ the black fabric of the xB's seats. I wonder if there's any way to get it up under the fabric...

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Eric said:
I know it doesn't look like much, but it is black & doesn't look horrible w/ the black fabric of the xB's seats. I wonder if there's any way to get it up under the fabric...
Hmm.. must explain my own occasional soreness after a while the xB.
As far as getting it in there.. there HAS to be.. I've got the heated seats, and a portion of the heater is in the lower upright portion so they had to have taken it apart. At a minumun yer gonna need some good pliers.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I get a sore back on long drives, I used to get that in the gen 1 also, thought it was just me. I worked in the lumber mill for a while so I am no stranger to pain.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1st update: I drove around quite a bit yesterday & had no fatigue in my lower back. And last night I didn't feel nearly as much pain as I have the last couple weeks. I'm talking about feeling like an old man unable to stand up straight after laying on the couch type of pain... So, I think I'll go ahead and order another one for my home office chair, though I would love to just get a new chair altogether ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone found a good site for aftermarket seats? I don't want racing seats, but something with more significant bolstering. I've had my xb for 3 days and my lower back is killing me!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I thought about this thread last time I drove back home for the weekend " it's a 135 mile drive" each way. So I decided to apply some ergonomics from the new hire orientation. Surprise surprise it works. I lifted the seat up as far as it would go and adjusted the backrest part so it was nearly upright. This did not totally eliminate the back pain but it made a big difference from previous trips. I work in a static position at a PC for ten hours and then drive three hours in a freezing rain / snow storm and still had less back pain? I think the ergonomics may have worked, but I would like to have others in the group try this on long drives to see if it eases the back pain any. ???

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had my xB for 2 weeks and by back has been killing me ever since! I am trying to modify a memory foam lumbar cushion to add support, but I would much rather just replace the front seats... does anyone know of another seat that would fit? Whether it be aftermarket sport seats or seats from a carolla/camry or something? I'm desterate!!! :eek:hno:

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I had a thought today... the xB seats have airbags in them, so they probably cannot be simply replaced. I love my new xB's functionality and cool looks, but I'm really starting to think a boring Camry might be the better form of transportation for me :confused:

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
A raised seat angle is better for the back.

I had mine almost vertical, but the headrest was pushing my head forward/down. It was backwards for a while (putting it at a better angle), but could be "popped out" easily. So, I returned it back to forward and reclined the seat enough for my head to be looking forward without pressure on the headrest or bad neck angle.
I would LOVE to return it more vertical, IF I could make the headrest better angled to allow such.

Idea: look for headrest slide-in alternatives . . .

(A more vertical seat allows better general support and better ergonomic seating overall. -> If the back hurts, the ergonomic angle is bad.)

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
Eric said:
I know this isn't a mod, but I thought I'd mention that today the lumbar support I ordered off of eBay showed up. I'll need more time to know how it works, but I'm thinking I'll definitely use it or order another one for my chair in my home office. I remember seeing some other complaints about the lack of lumbar support in the xB & lately my lower back has been killing me. I don't know if it's from more time in the car, or more time in my home office... I hope this helps. I'll update this soon enough ;)

Here's a pic:

Eric,
Could you provide an update on how well it works, looks, and how it lasts?
Also, chould you provide a link (should you feel in favor of the product) as to which item and what merchant sells it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts