Scion XB Forum banner

What did you get - a manual or automatic transmission?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Eric said:
What kind of transmission did you opt for for your '08 xB? And why?

Because my wife will possibly need to drive the xB more often than my previous car, we got an automatic. She can drive a stick, but an automatic is easier on her legs... I miss driving a stick, but can (hopefully) wait until our son grows up & I'm able to get another sporty car - I have to say it now, otherwise my wife will say it's a mid-life crisis :p
i got the automatic this time around! i had a 2004 xB in Polar White w/ manual tranny and i could not drive it after 8 months due to my arthritis being so bad in my legs and all the movement with shifting...

i really like the S-mode shifting w/ the automatic which is a sequential type shift cause at least it lets you take advantage of the engines power when you need to...

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
MikeAndAnnie said:
Matrixv01 said:
boblamb58 said:
And shifting is just plain fun!!
About the only reason to get a manual. If you find shifting fun.

I like that newer cars are embracing more advanced technologies like CVT (continuously variable transmission), paddle shifters and auto-manuals(like the xB).
I suspect manuals are a lot harder to steal.
i do not think that the xB is not at the top of thieves lists and i doubt many are stolen. ;)

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
scion said:
I bought my Xb with an automatic transmission. I find that the automatic transmission shifts smoothly and makes the ride more refined. I do mostly city driving and with all of the stop-n-go traffic, shifting would get old very quick. For those of you that love to shift go for it, I just prefer to let the Xb do all of the work!
you can still shift the auto xB scion - just shift into S-Mode!! :)

see S-mode thread:

http://newscionxb.com/2nd_gen_scion_xb_talk/driving_in_smode-t276.0.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.