Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yeah Mercedes all have different bolt patterns. Same with BMW. Check bolt pattern numbers. I believe these makes have mostly same bolt patterns as ours - Ford, Mazda, Nissan, Honda, Chrysler, Mitsubishi... and sub-brands.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Those linked Highlander rims look pretty close.

The bolt pattern is the same and has a "medium" or H offset, though not sure what that means in real numbers.

Edit: according to that thread: They're 17x6.5 et35.
Larger quote:
Anyway, to the point... Since I needed new tires so I did something I always thought would look cool. I got some old Highlander wheels. The specs are a bit unconventional as far as the typical xB2 mods go. They're 17x6.5 et35. The offset is nice but the 6.5" width limited me to 205/50/17 tires as opposed to the typical 225/45/17 that most people with 17s use. Same diameter, but 20mm less wide, which might actually help with mileage. Basically, the specs are like the stock steel wheels, but now they're 17" and they stick out 10mm more than stock.
10mm is 1cm, i you didn't know . .
As most 225 rubber can work on 6.5" rims, at the lowest end, but maybe not on 225/45/17s.
That would look "beefy," rather than stretched.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Wheel and tire combo looks very nice with those Highlanders. Very interesting they are 17x6.5 as almost everything out there appears to be 17x7 for 17s. Would definitely be a little lighter wheel and tire for mileage, though I'm not sure those wheels are what you'd get if you're going for lightness. It looks like a lot of metal.

Ah, they said 23 lbs. That's not bad at all actually. The aftermarket 17x7s I've been looking at are 22 lbs.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
1mm is 1cm, i you didn't know . .
Do you mean that they meant to write cm? Because 1mm is 0.1cm

·
Registered
64 Posts
These would look good, but you would need adapter.. Saw them on a Scion Tc.
The are Audi "fat fives" and they came in 16,17, and 18". I think they came in 5x110 and in 5x112.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.