Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed grill like slots cut into the map light fixture. Does anyone know if this is for the mic if the car comes with bluetooth h/f car adapter (Blu Logic)? If so then is the wire already in place for adding a mic with the aftermarket addition of the Blu Logic unit rather than on the dash as they suggest? I would much rather have the mic hidden then out in the open.

My first project is to add the Blu Logic adapter then an overhead console.
:book:

· Premium Member
848 Posts
there didnt seem to be a useful wire there that i recall. i pinched my mic cable thru the dash in my 08 and it made me sound like crap, this time around i dropped the mic down behind the map light. it looks like it belongs there :)

· Premium Member
2011 Scion xB Release Series 8.0 SoundWave
747 Posts
do it by the rear view mirror and the map lights.mine is mounted on the map plastic closer to the driver seat. This is one of the best locations i found. Trust me I do this for a living.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for your input...

First, My scion xB is a 2011 model.

Evilcalvin my thinking is to see what the microphone assembly looks like when it arrives and if possible to "gut it" to make it fit in that grill area of the map light assembly. I can make something out of rubber or foam to mount it in the grill opening and acoustically isolate it from the car. From diagrams I've seen it doesn't seem to be an issue to fish a new wire up the drivers side and then to the map light assembly via a rout along the window shield like what is done for the automatic rear-view mirror. I may also just go ahead and do the overhead console while at it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.