Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll see if I can get the photos to post ...

The "Milk Truck"

I had to have a moonroof:

The 50's interior! ...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2167/2517746828_1549972001.jpg?v=0/ [img]

Front Seat...

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2093/2516926851_2664873d3a_m.jpg

Back Seat...

Door Panel...

Driver's side...

-
-
-
Oh yeah . . . you KNOW you're riding with me if...

and, of course,... the dog that inspired it all.

oh yeah... I KNEW I should have parked inside last night ...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
two-tone (heated) leather interior was done through dealer in St. Louis. Those are "Katskins" brand interior. dealer also had someone do the power moonroof for me.
I added the TRO anto-sway and torsion - wish i had done the exhaust. haven't figured out what to do for wheels (or how to pay for them)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Yeah love the seat covers. If I didn't already have a custom interior I would have done something like that.
For wheels check out wheelsnext.com They should at least get you some ideas of something you like. Plus they have decent pricing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How are you liking the moon roof? I really wanted one, but didn't want the RS Gold Rush color. Yours is much bigger, too, than what I've seen on the release series xBs. I might have to look for a quality shop around here to see what they can do.

·
Registered
318 Posts
how much did the katskin covers cost? my first car had leather seats and i'm missing them a lot

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Thanks.

So, I'm not the only one that thinks the xB interior looks like a 1940s/50s delivery truck . . . :lol:

I'm thinking of making my truck look like a "Streamlined" Railway Express Agency/REA X truck.
Probably one with a "special" silver paint scheme to reflect a "lightweight" body . . .

I now want to find large vinyl or magnetic REA or REA Express logos . . .

(Ironically, WHILE TYPING this . . . the UPS guy came. When REA shut down, UPS bought most of the REA trucks and some of the other stuff. I talked to him and HIS truck was built in the early 1970s and was originally a green . . . it WAS an REA truck! :eek: Funny . . . :D)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bluewave said:
How are you liking the moon roof? I really wanted one, but didn't want the RS Gold Rush color. Yours is much bigger, too, than what I've seen on the release series xBs. I might have to look for a quality shop around here to see what they can do.
Moonroof done through the dealer (Ackerman in St. Louis) Don't know who actually did the work - Salesman said they order Camry roofs (maybe - - - maybe not) in any event I enjoy the light and the air, it has multi-settings, tilt-out, or open (completely) in. Loosing an inch or two of headroom certainly wasn't an issue.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
zmonster72 said:
so how much did the package cost you and did you do it yourself? If not, how much did it cost to install? Did the seat covers slide right over the stock ones?

I didn't do it myself -

got a package deal on heated seats with new upholstery- dealer sent it to a shop in St. Louis - they ripped the old covers off, installed heat, then the leather - leather comes from "Katskins" - I got them to do the door inserts while they were at it - I think the package, heat/ leather seats/ door inserts was $1400. (I think...I'd have to look back to confirm)

I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. Dog Odysseus rides in there with me all the time, and the white hasn't been TOO hard to maintain, I wipe it clean and that's about it., I've had it 8 months so it's due a good cleaning.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.