Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just noticed an auction for Infinity 5020cs 5-1/4 component system. They are used, but tested and come with a 30 day return warranty. They only have 2 hrs left and are currently only $18. I almost want to buy them just because I can! The problem is they are only 2 ohm. I would probably be putting them in the rear doors. I have a 4 channel polk PA-660 amp. Can I keep my 4 ohm fronts and put 2 ohm rears in without blowing up the amp?

I don't know it I'll get a response before the auction is over, but it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It all depends on the rating of the AMP, if it will go down to 2 ohms, then no problem. If not, just get a 2 hom resistor and put in series with the speakers to protect the amp/speakers or add a couple tweeters of 2 ohm in series to add up to 4 ohms. Many options.

·
Premium Member
2011 Scion xB Release Series 8.0 SoundWave
746 Posts
sure you can, the rears may play louder over all and it is recommended not to run them full range as there will be more power playing into them.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't end up bidding, since I didn't know. I'll keep it in mind for next time. The amp says it is 2 ohm stable. I wasn't sure about running both 2 ohm and 4 ohm at the same time. If it is just a matter of volume, I could probably have balanced them using the gain on the amp.

Thanks for the info :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.