Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well decided to get a used Alpine head unit. Growing up in stereo stuff years ago, Apline was the best. So once i learned it was a factory option, i hunted one down. This to replace the stock Pioneer t1808. Main reason for is it has pre-outs, where as the pioneer does not. Not to mention a few other features.
All that is needed to run like before, is the aux and ipod hook ups. Another neat thing is that this head unit has a usb hook up, which i hope to add. Should be as simple as swappin a wire harness out for that.

If anyone has a pdf file or can point me to a manual for this head unit, it'd be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No its probably not. but it is a better unit than the pioneer, and i do believe a lil more power. Plus i have no plans to dump a ton of dough into steroe equipment anymore. It can add up rediculously quick.

Guess it just shows my age too...

· Registered
124 Posts
i just put this same unit in my 08. trying to find the best diagram/option to make the usb/aux work on it as well..everything else works on it fine without any modification. as far as sound wise, i love alpine products, pioneer is very cheap to me. so therefore the reason why i bought it, not only it being a factory product. sounds wayyy better, and has alot more power to it.

...will be completely happy with it once i figure out the usb/aux situation...u figure anything out with it? i notice you have an 08 xb as well

· Registered
647 Posts
I have the SNS-200 which is Alpine and I am very pleased with it considering it is a factory option. With any big system though you have to get the line voltage up to 6v for it to gain full potential. That is why you will see most people going aftermarket with serious sound setups.

· Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just put this same unit in my 08. trying to find the best diagram/option to make the usb/aux work on it as well..everything else works on it fine without any modification. as far as sound wise, i love alpine products, pioneer is very cheap to me. so therefore the reason why i bought it, not only it being a factory product. sounds wayyy better, and has alot more power to it.

...will be completely happy with it once i figure out the usb/aux situation...u figure anything out with it? i notice you have an 08 xb as well
The thing i was gonna probably try was a rewire. The alpine i got was cut from a car and came with the aux plug. So that may be my only way to go. Dunno yet fosho, but gonna do sumptin to get it to work.

· Registered
124 Posts
The thing i was gonna probably try was a rewire. The alpine i got was cut from a car and came with the aux plug. So that may be my only way to go. Dunno yet fosho, but gonna do sumptin to get it to work.
well let me know what you end up figuring out, i really wanna get my ipod working again, hate listening to the radio and rarely listen to cds. searched around on the internet and found a couple other people that have done it, nothing that was 100% clear or for sure tho that i found.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.