Should I leave it how it is or change it up

• put the slots on both sides of the bumper

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wanting yalls opinion on how my bumpers shud look, so heres the options
I drilled holes in the bumper for the CAI to get air and left the other side blank

to me it makes it look out of place,but to some they like the difference in the 2 sides

this is what Im wanting to do on both sides to even it out

so instead of the holes on 1 side you would have the slots on both sides of the bumper or shud I just let it be?

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
I like the slots.
Fake on the starboard and REAL on the port.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Why is everyone agreeing with me?

-It's beginning to make me nervous!

· Registered
613 Posts
TartanJack said:
Why is everyone agreeing with me?

-It's beginning to make me nervous!
it just makes good sense, that's why!

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
SCIONKID said:
then Id have to worry bout water getting to my CAI wouldnt I ?
A LOT of that depends on the CAI . . .
If the TRD, none whatsoever.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
The reason . . .
The "cup" of the TRD one is actually ABOVE the intake opening. What the intake does is create a high pressure area that serves as a ram-air. I was surprised when I installed it at the brilliance of the design.
The heavy rain drops will hit the SIDE of the plastic shell and go around the intake and fall out the gaps in the bottom of the fender well.
To get significant water into the intake, the water level must be ABOVE the top of the grill/bumper inlet. So, unless one is driving through a flood, the "cup" should stay well above the water and out of the way of the rain.

I wish I had taken shots of the design. From a engineering and practical standpoint, it is VERY impressive! I was SHOCKED at the simple elegance and genius of the design.

· Premium Member
811 Posts
I'm agreeing with TJ, too...I like the slots. I want to have all four "grills" match, so I'm waiting until I can afford billet for the upper and sides. I like the lower stock grill and want that same thing on all of them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.