Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so once the battery is almost dead, how long should it take to get back to a full charge?

I ran it for about 20 minutes from work to home, revving it to about 1500 RPM at stops.
Would that be enough, ya think?

Left the lights on all day today. I guess it had to happen sooner or later. Took me over a year and a half :D

·
Registered
566 Posts
Don't know how long for a full charge, but that should be plenty for an adequate charge...but by now you've probably discovered that.. I read many years ago that it takes about seven miles of driving to give you enough of a charge to start a car that had a dead battery.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wondering if I was going to have to answer this one myself :)

It was enough. The car sat overnight until 6AM (from about 3PM) with a single opening of the door (with interior light off). I had no problem getting it going again this morning.

It must not have been completely dead, just drained enough that it wouldn't start, the doors would not unlock, and the winows would not go down. It also wreaked a small bit of havoc on the clock (about 20 minutes worth) and reset my overall MPG.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Go to Autozone or Checkers (whichever), get your alternator tested. Better yet go do the dealer, and have it looked (it should still be under warranty). It's part of the three year "Bumper -to-bumper" warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.