Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I was bored and messing around out in the garage and decided I wanted to finish some panels in the motor area. I hated that you could see in the side of the fenders. Looked really unfinished in there. I made a template and then started cutting. I made them out of sheet metal. I painted them flat black to match some of the peices in there, but I think I am going to have them color matched to the car. That way they blend in.

· Registered
2,209 Posts
Those are pretty freakin cool. I would like to have something more though. Not something you would drive with, more of a total engine cover for shows. I would like it to show off the engine, intake, battery, and fuse panel. Everything else covered. Thats what I would like to see. Think you could pull it off? I would gladly buy one.

· Registered
613 Posts
i like em too. are they secured by anything or just kinda wedged in there? also have you had any probs with your hood dampers? i noticed em in the pics and i want to get some that actually work.

· Registered
294 Posts
I am allready doing this but mine are alittle different I will post pics when done. I just did some diamond plate floor mat inserts and a dia. plate dead pedal cover. I also added a peice of stainless to the plastic beside the gas pedal as it was getting scuffed by my foot ! It was shaped just like the peice. I will post pics this week.

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aljay said:
I am allready doing this but mine are alittle different I will post pics when done. I just did some diamond plate floor mat inserts and a dia. plate dead pedal cover. I also added a peice of stainless to the plastic beside the gas pedal as it was getting scuffed by my foot ! It was shaped just like the peice. I will post pics this week.

Wheres some pics? I want to see what you come up with. I want to make some new ones. Just no time right now.

· Registered
133 Posts
Maybe some new clear ones from plexie glass. Huummm sound like a idea there. Then I can place a vinyl stciker or design and use etching cream from michels to etch the design in, and back light it.
I think I just found something to keep my busy, so the wife can keep nagging at me more. :naughty: hahaha..

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See clear you would still see behind it. I hated to see that ugly opening back there. That is a cool idea though. I want to make a set out of CF since I have alot of CF on the car already.

· Registered
133 Posts
Yeah I hear yeah, but thats why I would frost them. Then again CF would look good on mine as well. That would be pretty easy. Cant you buy CF sheets already done up all you have to do is cut them to the right size you want?

· Registered
294 Posts
No Limitz Ind said:
Aljay said:

Wheres some pics? I want to see what you come up with. I want to make some new ones. Just no time right now.
Never came to . I was laid off before I got them finished and have no way of working the material. :confused: :(

· Registered
474 Posts
finallygotit said:
Hey no limitz

This is kinda off subject but those but those lifts for the hood look good and was wondering where one could get those and how much work it is to install?
Ditto,

Brewski

· Registered
474 Posts
Box Mafia said:
You can find the lifts on his site http://www.nolimitzind.com
All NoLimitz shows are hood dampers for 04-07 xB.....I would think that the 08-10 xB hood may weight more, but maybe not...At $119 + SH I'm not sure that I want to take the chance that they would work well on the xB2.

Brewski

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.