Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Dude I love the nav system set up. I was thinking of something similar. You mind if I copy that? What system did you use and how did you do it? DIY info please.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey eviljack, you can copy it, why not, it works awesome!

I had been thinking that would be a good place for the GPS for a while, but the power cord plugs into the back, so it couldn't be a flush mount. I didn't want to drill into the dash either, so I ended up putting a plastic block behind the GPS and using 3M double-sized emblem take to hold it. It seems to hold well, but I just did it today, so I'll have to see how it work over time.

Thanks for the compliments!!!!
Rob - www.ScionSOS.com

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GPS is a Garmin. I've had it for a while. It works pretty well. Just hated having it mounted with a suction cup on the windshield, so now I'm happy where it is.

The shift knob I just bought at a local auto parts store. It was on clearance for $5.99. It's metal and carbon fiber. Not fake carbon, but real, so it looks really nice!

Rob - www.ScionSOS.com

·
Registered
613 Posts
that setup looks AWESOME...could you take some photos from a side view so we can see how exactly its mounted...i would love to do this to my xB2...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Very nice and clean install! I was going to put some 6 or 7" screens there when I have my system put in, thats a great spot. Lots of space behind the dashboard? Wonder if the space runs all the way across so I can put a monitor on the other side too..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts