Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
post up what you have done to increase your mpg. my only add on has been a Fujita CAI.

for one tank, my fuel light came on just after i snapped this.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I got the K&N short ram intake, use cruise control like crazy and I don't slam on the gas when leaving a stop light.

·
Premium Member
2011 Scion xB Release Series 8.0 SoundWave
746 Posts
Zomk cai, factory size wheels but only 17 lbs vs. steelies at 20.2 lbs. If I drive like "the speed limit" I get 33 mpg and about 340 per tank.

·
Premium Member
2011 Scion xB Release Series 8.0 SoundWave
746 Posts
Saw a RS7.0 this morning while driving 65 mph, so much for that. License plate said SURFNXB

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i finished that tank with 374 miles and an avg mpg of 31.6. it took 12.15 gallons with a real world 30.7 avg. i am also running lighter than stock wheel weight.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Right now, I am at 29.78 mpg, with mostly highway and a little city driving. No mods except Mobil 1 oil.

On our recent trip to FL (From NY) we got best around 32.XX MPG according to the computer. I also tracked it on how many miles per fill up and how much fuel it took and tried to fill it up to top.

I just filled it up and it says the range is 340 miles. I think saw it said 353 miles on one fill up on our trip.

Do they have a low fuel light? I got it down to 40 miles to go and didn't see any light come on?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
When the light comes on, there is still 3-4 gallons in the tank. To see how much is left, just fill up when you think it is very, very low. Then subtract that number from 14 (tank capacity). The difference is the "reserve," designed so that we don't actually run completely out- which is "bad" for a VVT engine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
you guys are waaaaaaaay too easy on the gas!I just can't do it!

If I'm lucky I'll get about 310 and 27.5-28.0...

Funny though since I installed the Borla dual I'm getting 320 or so

·
Registered
166 Posts
lets see....auto, weapon r header,s-pipe, strup catback, tenzo r intake and a lead foot

i get 23-25 for my every day drive(50mi round trip) but when i have long drive with cruse control on ill get 34pmg at 60-65mph

·
Registered
286 Posts
I don't trust the instrument panel numbers. I do the refill gallons divided by the miles driven and I'm averaging 19.5 mpg....WHAT!!!! Right now I'm running the TRD Exhaust, stock air filter/housing, Toyota custom 17" wheels. I also did the numbers with the TRD intake and got the same mpg's...19.5 mpg...doesn't make sense...oh yeah...I do mostly daily city driving...

·
Registered
368 Posts
Added AEM CAI, dual Borlas, and soon a Strup header. Added 19" wheels and 235-19-35s so maybe it is a wash. We get about 29 to 30 mpg......a wee bit of lead foot disease!

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
my last read out was down, over 620 miles my dash said 29.4 which probably equated 28.5 which is still better than advertised. those 620 miles were mostly highway where i tend to drive/set cruise to 75.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.