Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i decided to just go right in and start taking interior out, sand, prime and paint. I was gonna do just some pieces but eventually I want all interior in orange, black, with some silver airbrushing later. So I started last weekend taking stuff out and sanding, and sanding some more, then used some bulldog adhesive promoter, primed, painted and couple coats of clear. This is where I am now, I still gotta do some touch up around the cup holders in the doors, but so far, so good, I think. I have both front doors done, radio bezel and trim around shifter. Back doors are sanded and will be primed in the morning along with the hatch door panel. And by no means am I saying this is right way to do it, this is first time I have ever attempted this. But figured a brand new car would be the way to learn

like i said, there are couple flaws, but first attemp, I am pround of it. The dash will be my next project closer to summer time

·
Registered
124 Posts
looks good that color matched up great

·
Registered
846 Posts
Looks great! About how much paint did you buy? It looks like you've done this before.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
I REALLY like it!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all compliments guys. I have done this before but it was with spray paint in an old expedition. I paint with spray gun everyday at work, but nothing like this, its industrial stuff. This was totally different but I did already have a feel for painting pretty good. Its just getting the seems right. I bought a quart of paint which came with a quart of chromabase and quart of chromaclear that mixes just for the paint, then bought a quart of clear. I still have alot left, but im doing the back 2 doors and the hatch door friday. They are sanded and primed now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.